draft pick trades

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
yankeefreak4
Low-A

draft pick trades

#1 Post by yankeefreak4 »

Hey there,
I wrote on Twitter about about havng a question about a couple of draft pick trade offers I received for my first overall pick. It is ten team H2H league, weekly lineup lock. Here is the first off:

Receive 3rd round pick (25th overall) this guy will then have four 11th round picks
Receive 3rd round pick (27th overall)
Receive 3rd round pick (29th overall)
Trade away 1st round pick (1st overall)
Trade away 11th round pick (101st overall)
Trade away 11th round pick (107th overall)

Second offer:
Receive 1st round pick (3rd overall) this guy will then have the 1st and 2nd overall picks
Receive 5th round pick (42nd overall)
Receive 24th round pick (239th overall)
Trade away 1st round pick (1st overall)
Trade away rth round pick (60th overall)
Trade away 30th round pick (300th overall)

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: draft pick trades

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

What the other person would have is irrelevant.

The first offer is silly - pass.

The second depends on how much you value getting the top guy over the third guy. If it's close to a coin flip, go for it, the upgrade on the second pick is in a range of the draft where it will be significant. if you feel the #1 guy gives a huge advantage, then respectfully decline.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

yankeefreak4
Low-A

#3 Post by yankeefreak4 »

The person who sent second offer wants Soto and either Vladdy or Jose Ramirez. I'd take anyone of those available at 3. Right now if I keep first pick I am taking Turner.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

Seems like you can get Turner at 1.03 and upgrade with the second pick.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

yankeefreak4
Low-A

#5 Post by yankeefreak4 »

I like the upgrade giving up the 6th rounder and getting 5th rounder back. I forgot to mention I traded away my 7th round pick in another trade. So i would miss out on two rounds of drafting. Will that hurt me at all?

yankeefreak4
Low-A

#6 Post by yankeefreak4 »

I would also have 5 3rd round picks if i take first deal

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by Todd Zola »

yankeefreak4 wrote: March 25th, 2022, 12:28 pm I would also have 5 3rd round picks if i take first deal
Why would this matter? Stats win leagues.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#8 Post by Todd Zola »

yankeefreak4 wrote: March 25th, 2022, 12:24 pm I like the upgrade giving up the 6th rounder and getting 5th rounder back. I forgot to mention I traded away my 7th round pick in another trade. So i would miss out on two rounds of drafting. Will that hurt me at all?
no