Loading Personal Stats into Google Tracker

Ask questions or post comments concerning the CVRC, START or the Team and Player Tracker
viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

Loading Personal Stats into Google Tracker

#1 Post by viper »

What I know is that the format for a player's name is very specific. It is LastName comma space firstname dash space 3-letter team name
What I assume is the eligible positions are jammed together without space - many examples exist in the current data
I assume that a player will be assigned to all the proper places after updating the position field - my league uses 15 game eligibility and not 20 so there will be more multi-positional players
What I do know is that the players names are found in many tabs

What I would like to know is which tabs specifically should my personal stats be copied into and if more than one place, what is the order of changing names & numbers

It appears we are all sort of beta tester for the product. So far it look terrific and I think my next week will be fun tinkering with it while the owner & players decide if/when baseball will start this year.
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Loading Personal Stats into Google Tracker

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

We're well beyond the beta-testing stage, the product is tried and true. The exception is the newly added RANKINGS tab, with only a tweak needed for Shohei Ohtani. I hope to address that on Monday.

Everything is pulled from the HITTING and PITCHING tabs. Editing those will seamlessly adjust everything else. The page is not protected so the cells can be overwritten, or info can be pasted in from Excel as demonstrated when I update projections.

I have the names like I do to differentiate the three Luis Garcia's and any other players with the same name. There is nothing special about the format. If someone wants to paste in their own projections, or those from another source, the only requisite is the stats are in the same columns. The name can be in any format, just beware of the Luis Garcia, Logan Allen, Austin Adams issue, etc.

The only other requirement is catcher eligible players list C first, then the rest.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord