trade advice

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
somerandomguy
Major League All-Star

trade advice

#1 Post by somerandomguy »

For my Hunter Dozer i am being offer Andrew Heaney SP- they are both off to slow starts- given my team below- does that trade make sense?

AL only 12 team 5x5
G Sanchez H Dozier B Bichette L Voit B Buxton L Torrens CPinder L Arraez F Galvis J Bauers K Kiermaier M Brantley R Arozarena N Lopez Adolis Garcia P Fairbanks K Maeda J Karinchak M Boyd I Kennedy J Montgomery Y Petit J Diekman Casey Mize
Reserves J Dominguez, J Duran, H Harvey, T Rosenthal, D Jefferies
AL only 5x5 11 Team keepers league J Rogers 2 A Frazier 5 Y Diaz(TB) 2 C McCormick 2 M Garcia 10 B Naylor 5 O Colas 5 L Butler 3 E Haase 12 J Baez 22 T France 24 P JP Crawford 10 R Grichuk 5 J Rojas 4 S Armstong 1 T Bibee 10 G Williams 4 A Chapman 8 G Rodriguez 10 T Skubal 5 B Singer 3C Hernandez 5 H Ryu 3
R M Bradley 4 N Cortes 1 S Bieber 36 R Noda 2 M Miller 14 C Cowser 13

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: trade advice

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

I can't judge whether it makes sense. There is too much league contextual factors, but I can help break it down.

Dozier has been playing with a sore hand -- he should get better and has in fact displayed signs of snapping out of it this week. You have to ask yourself, "who replaces Dozier in my lineup and what is the effect?"

Heaney is all over the place in a small sample. He's striking guys out (good), but also walking too many (bad). He's been a bit lucky with hits and homers allowed, but his ERA is a tad unlucky. He's also still a bit of a health risk. The question here is who does he replace in your pitching and how does that help/hurt the team?

On paper, it's a fair deal -- it's up to you to decide if it improves your team's chances to win.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord