Final Draft Roster

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
onejayhawk
Major Leaguer

Final Draft Roster

#1 Post by onejayhawk »

16 team H2H, uses OBA and holds separate from saves.

Do you envision areas for concern?
Who would you use as trade bait?
Do you think the bench should contribute significantly down the stretch?

C - Carson Kelly
1B - Brandon Lowe 1B, 2B, OF
2B - Jose Altuve 2B
3B - Jeimer Candelario 1B, 3B
SS - Willy Adames
MI - Eduardo Escobar 2B, 3B
CI - Nate Lowe
OF - Ronald Acuña
OF - Luis Robert
OF - Leody Taveras
OF - Alex Kiriloff
Util - Oscar Mercado

SP - Garrit Cole
SP - Carlos Carrasco SP, RP
SP - Charlie Morton
SP - Lance Lynn
RP - Josh Hader
RP - Liam Hendricks
RP - Tanner Rainey
P - Hyun Jin Ryu
P - Tyler Chatwood
P - Nick Wittgren

BN - Wander Franco
BN - Jo Adell
BN - Gavin Lux
BN - Griffin Canning
BN - Royce Lewis
BN - Dylan Cease
BN - Michael Wacha
BN - Yoshi Tsutsugo

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Final Draft Roster

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Hard to eyeball -- especially since a keeper league isn't decided on draft day. Maybe light on power. A couple prospects should play, maybe sooner than later.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

onejayhawk
Major Leaguer

#3 Post by onejayhawk »

With Royce Lewis gone for the season, I need to throw a dart and hope to get lucky. Do you have any insight into the A's rule-5 guy, Ka'ai Tom?

J

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

Really nothing that's not out there. Oakland will give him a look the next week or so to see if they'll keep him. Decent on base skills, but a bit old for the level.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

onejayhawk
Major Leaguer

#5 Post by onejayhawk »

I went with Cedric Mullins, which worked out well.

The team is a MASH unit. The WW raises the question of whether the Rangers improved pitching is a function of the new ballpark, better defense, team skill at tuning pitchers, all of the above, or just a statistical fluke. Is Dane Dunning anywhere near as good as he looks so far? Is Folty worth picking up in a deep league?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Todd Zola »

I've liked Dunning since he debuted the same game as Casey Mize last season. Obviously not this good, but certainly mid to top of the rotation upside in his prime. Folty is a tough call, throwing well, but with too many walks and an early season case of gopheritis. He's more in the stash range for me - understanding stashing is contextual, depends on number of reserves, separate IL, etc.