Luis Garcia - Hou

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
Trav The Ump

Luis Garcia - Hou

#1 Post by Trav The Ump »

So in a 12 team AL only, pretty much anyone with a pulse is rosterable. However looking at the schedule its look like he's not needed "officially" for about 10 days. Meaning this next Monday may be my only chance to grab him on the sly before he pitches and then everyone puts in for him. Just wondering if he's a decent enough gamble long term? Old school rules which means if he's on the roster he's in. I'd put him in for Petit or Joe Smith.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Luis Garcia - Hou

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

For me, it's not a matter of, "How will he do?" - who knows?

It's about needs to an extent, but more so risk aversion and willingness to take a chance. There should be a safety net of Houston isn't likely to set him up to fail, if he struggles, he's sent to (hopefully) Triple-A or the alternate site.

The team seems to like him, which is as good an endorsement as we have without translatable numbers and Double or Triple-A.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord