Rate my team

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
jtana
Major Leaguer

Rate my team

#1 Post by jtana »

Curious about your thoughts if you have a chance. You helped me out with values and strategy for this auction.

6x6 keeper league.
Hitting - OBP, R, HR, SB, RBI and Total Bases
Pitching - QS, S, ERA, WHIP, K and Holds
12 team league, $330 budget and the rosters size is 31 players with
Daily league with 3 times weekly FAAB
We can keep between 0-10 players including up to 7 non-rookie players and up to 3 rookies
Each MLB player kept at the expense of a $5 increase. Minor leaguers kept at a $1 increase until they have played a full MLB season and then the increase goes up to $5.
1200 max innings limit

Went for the reliever and heavy k/9 strategy for pitching with a couple of anchors.

Ended up with this:
---
C - Carson Kelly $1
1B - Freddie Freeman $45
2B - Nick Solak $2
3B - Anthony Rendon $33
SS - Tommy Edman $7
CI - Alex Bregman $27
MI - Cesar Hernandez $1
OF - Jeff McNeil $11
OF - Trent Grisham $25
OF - Bryce Harper $46
OF - Tommy Pham $6
UT - Josh Bell $9

Zac Gallen $21
Dinelson Lamet $19
Charlie Morton $11
James Karinchak $18
Devin Williams $14
Nick Anderson $8
Trevor Rosenthal $9
Pete Fairbanks $2

Bench:
Danny Jansen $1
Willy Adames $1
Shohei Ohtani $2 (Both UT and P eligible)
Matthew Boyd $1
Jordan Montgomery $1
Trevor May $1
Joakim Soria $1
Luis Severino $2

Minors:
Marco Luciano $2
CJ Abrams $2
Austin Martin $1
--

I was pretty happy with the values I got in general. I spent more than I planned on the bullpen but I really liked a lot of those guys for the value and with Saves and Holds both as separate categories.

The way dollar days worked out was really nice getting to snag 3 elite prospects for very cheap. Was not in the plan but happy with how that worked out.
I think I was a little bit too unbalanced with hitting though and feel very light on power and very strong with OBP.

Thinking of trying to trade McNeil and a bullpen piece if possible.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Rate my team

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

I don't do rate my teams. If you're happy, that's what matters.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

jtana
Major Leaguer

#3 Post by jtana »

Ah ok no problem, it just mentioned them in the sub forum header.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

I used to have a staff with moderators less curmudgeonly. 8-)
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord