2021 Team Defense

Theories, Concepts and Analytical Discussion (draft strategies, valuation, inflation, scarcity, etc.)
onejayhawk
Major Leaguer

2021 Team Defense

#1 Post by onejayhawk »

Cleveland has been putting some stellar D behind their SP for a few years. The Angels just the opposite. It's no wonder to me that one team is developing pitching well and the other is not. The Texas Rangers installed Leody Tavares in CF, replaced Willie Calhoun with David Dahl and Elvis with Kiner-Falefa, and moved Odor away from 2B. that has got to be a big upgrade.

My question is who else has significantly improved compared to 2020?

J

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: 2021 Team Defense

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Mets - though still a work in progress but Lindor over Rosario is a good start

Twins with Andrelton Simmons and moving Polanco to 2B, plus (hopefully) a healthy Buxton is great up the middle

Brewers better with Kolten Wong
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

onejayhawk
Major Leaguer

#3 Post by onejayhawk »

Did any get significantly worse?

J

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

Can't think of anyone off the top of my head.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

onejayhawk
Major Leaguer

#5 Post by onejayhawk »

How much difference will Wong and Bradley make for the Brewers?

J

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Todd Zola »

I don't quantify this sort of thing. Any observation is anecdotal.