10 team auction

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
jtana
Major Leaguer

10 team auction

#1 Post by jtana »

My last draft of the season is going to be a 10 team auction redraft. It's standard 5x5 but with QS instead of W.

The starting lineups for hitters are the same as NFBC but with only 1 catcher.

2 P, 5 SP, 2 RP

3 bench and 3 IL spots.

Weekly lineup changes and FAAB once weekly with 0 dollar bids allowed, max 7 acquisitions per matchup. It's a head to head most categories league.

We went over how to get quality saves in the CVRC so I'm good with that. I was wondering what other settings you would use and if any strategical ideas come to mind with those league settings. Haven't done a 10 teamer before.

My instinct tells me to go more towards stars/scrubs given that the waiver wire should have lots of value in a 10 teamer.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: 10 team auction

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Absolutely huge stars and scrubs. Essentially throw the CVRC out the window-- well, it's OK for relative rankings -- this guy is better than that guy.

Pitchers -- just make it 10 teams -- don't worry about the designations

Hitting -- 10 teams -- 10 catchers and 120 outfielders however...

(this is complicated behind the scenes, best if you just do it for now and not worry why).

Change to make it AL only

On the hitters page, make all the league designations as "A"
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

jtana
Major Leaguer

#3 Post by jtana »

Ok, so AL only for hitters only?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

yes, but need to make all hitters as al guys
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

jtana
Major Leaguer

#5 Post by jtana »

Got it, beauty. Thanks again.

jtana
Major Leaguer

#6 Post by jtana »

This is what I ended up with in the slow draft. Quite happy about my hitting. I got Xander at $17 somehow, must have been a combination of the injury news and the fact that 60 players being auctioned off simultaneously leads to strange things sometimes. People fought over pitching and saves pretty hard so I just punted and took some skills.

C Gary Sanchez C-NYY
1B Trey Mancini OF/1B-BAL
2B Brandon Lowe 2B-TB
SS Trea Turner SS-WSH
3B Eugenio Suarez 3B-CIN
MI Xander Bogaerts SS-BOS
CI Gio Urshela 3B-NYY
OF Mookie Betts OF-LAD
OF Marcell Ozuna OF-ATL
OF George Springer OF-TOR
OF Nick Solak 2B/OF/DH-TEX
OF Lorenzo Cain OF-MIL