CBS Commissioner Question on DL

The home for discussion on league rules, ethics and management/commissioner services.
CaptainTrunk

CBS Commissioner Question on DL

#1 Post by CaptainTrunk »

Anyone here use CBS? I implemented a DL spot this year because of the havoc that the 10-day DL caused in our league last year. But I'm not sure how it works when someone comes off the DL. I'd like to know before something weird happens and I have to deal with it after the fact. I turned on the option to force owners to take players off the DL because I didn't want them to be able to be stashed there the whole year.

When a player comes off the DL, does the owner have to activate them, or does CBS do it?
Is the lineup illegal if you don't take the player off the DL?
What happens if a player's MLB team activates him and CBS takes the player off the DL 10 minutes before game time? Does the owner have to constantly check or else they're screwed?
What happens if a player's MLB team activates the player on Tuesday because they had no Monday game?

In my football league, you have to activate the player yourself, but your lineup isn't actually illegal. You just can't make any other roster moves with the guy in the DL spot. Hoping CBS works similarly.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: CBS Commissioner Question on DL

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Sorry, moved all CBS leagues elsewhere a few years ago. Best to ask them for support.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

CaptainTrunk

#3 Post by CaptainTrunk »

They don't seem to have a forum. I put in a support request, but in my experience they're not great about getting back to people. And it'll take them 2 days to respond, they won't address everything, I'll have to ask for followup, which will also take 2 days, etc.

So I was just hoping someone here had some experience.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

Now you know why I moved off CBS...
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Trav The Ump

#5 Post by Trav The Ump »

Used CBS for years but we've migrated over to FanTrax, significantly cheaper and the replies come pretty quick.

Our "old" setup, guys could stash them there forever...so as commish I had to email/ message and pester them to activate guys to follow our two week activation rule. Failing that I'd drop the guy, and that usually got their attention.

Kelly_Leak
Major League All-Star
Preferred Style: 5x5 AL-only Auction

#6 Post by Kelly_Leak »

Sigh ... I was just about to post a CBS question here and noticed the responses to your question.

Specifically related to how CBS handles the DL:
CBS forces an owner to activate the player once the player is off the DL. You cannot make a roster move (add/drop, lineup moves, trades) without also activating the player. Theoretically you could go the rest of the season, not make a roster move and therefore never activate the player. Specifically, in our league, the commissioner does a quick check of eveyone's roster Monday morning (our scoring period is Mon-Sun, and FAAB runs Sun night) and notifies owners that have illegal rosters.
When a player comes off the DL, does the owner have to activate them, or does CBS do it?
The owner will be forced to activate during any roster move (add/drop, lineup change, trades)
Is the lineup illegal if you don't take the player off the DL?
No, but once a roster move is made and the player is forced back onto non-DL part of roster, the roster becomes illegal.
What happens if a player's MLB team activates him and CBS takes the player off the DL 10 minutes before game time? Does the owner have to constantly check or else they're screwed?
No, as long as your active roster is set and you do not make a move in the 10 minutes the roster will be legal
What happens if a player's MLB team activates the player on Tuesday because they had no Monday game?
This is basically the same as the question above. As long as you don't make a roster move after the player is activated, the roster will remain legal and the player will stay DL'd

Hope that helps a bit.
10 Team 5x5 (OBP) AL-Only; 100 FAAB; *6 Keepers
1C: J.Lucroy; 1B: H.Ramirez; 2B: A.Cabrera; 3B: A.Bregman*; SS: R.Martin; MI: M.Semien; CI: C.Davis; OF: C.Stewart, T.Pham*, C.Mullins, J.Bradley, E.Jimenez*; DH: N.Cruz
10P: K.Herrera, C.Rodon, B.Snell*, J.Junis, H.Strickland, J.Verlander, M.Givens, C.Roe, T.Cahill, L.Giolito
Bench: N.Lowe, V.GuerreroJr*, J.Choi, F.Whitley, A.Hays
DL: F.Lindor*, B.Zimmer, D.Duffy

Captain Hook
Major League All-Star

#7 Post by Captain Hook »

Sorry but I totally disagree with Kelly's responses. The answers may be in how the commissioner sets up the league

I have used cbs for over thirty years and have very few if any problems.

My AL only league even uses midweek DL moves where the commissioner can change a team's lineup from email instructions to DL a player after the lineups have closed for the week and activate a reserve in his place or activate a player and reserve or cut a player in a corresponding move and it works very well.

In fact I have the opposite problem and have to have to enforce a two week deadline to get teams to activate or reserve their DL players