First Auction Ever last night NFBC $150

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
TakestheCake
High-A

First Auction Ever last night NFBC $150

#1 Post by TakestheCake »

I joined the league last second because the format to me is intriguing and have never done one before. Really had no idea what to expect. What I did find is the first 20-25 nominated players all soared over the AAV on the site and the values here. I used the values to here as a guidance, but did perhaps overspend for Acuna at $49. I only did that because he was the 4th of the top guys to be nominated and I got him at the same price as Turner and Tatis. With the incredible overspend in my mind would I have been better served attacking more mid-tier guys?

How did I do:

C: Grandal $10
C: Rutschman $1
1B: Moustakas $8
2B: Fletcher $3
SS: Seager $27 I like how he pairs with Acuna
3B: Moncada $13
CI: Segura $6
MI: Correra $8
OF: Hilliard $3
OF: Acuna $49
OF: Blackmon $16
OF: Kelenic $3
OF: Solak $6
UT: A. Dickerson $1

P: Paddack $15
P: Gallen $24
P: Strasburg $22
P: Musgrove $15
P: Corbin $16
P: Holland $6
P: Cease $2
P: Leclerc $5
P: Gilbert $1

Bn: Cooper, Castro, Chisholm, Olivia, Caleb Smith, Puk, Rich Hill.

Any feeback would be great!

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: First Auction Ever last night NFBC $150

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Auction prices will do that. You need to spend up top -- playing the middle game is risky. Someone will always have some funds left to drive up those prices too.

For a first time, this looks fine. Looks like you adjusted to the prices. Saves are short, but you know that.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord