BestBall10_010821.xlsx Add-in Problem

A board to test all the settings...
dannykugler
Triple-A
Preferred Style: Roto AL/NL Only. Current leagues have some custom but not unusual categories.
Also starting to dabble in NFBC style Draft and Hold, but will play a cutline league this year 2019/20 also.

BestBall10_010821.xlsx Add-in Problem

#1 Post by dannykugler »

Hello -
Downloaded and opened the spreadsheet.
Message between toolbar and rows/cols is "Add-in Problem Sorry, we couldn't find Solver.xlam....."

I'm running MS Excel for Mac, Version 16.45 (21011103)..

Danny

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: BestBall10_010821.xlsx Add-in Problem

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

I'm not a Mac Excel guy, I'll research it but can't promise an answer.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Todd Zola »

This is over my head but...

https://www.thespreadsheetguru.com/blog ... ing-add-in

The scientist in me asks if you could try another of the Points Trackers to test if it's an error inherent to the BestBall10 doc or if it's common among all the Points trackers.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

dannykugler
Triple-A
Preferred Style: Roto AL/NL Only. Current leagues have some custom but not unusual categories.
Also starting to dabble in NFBC style Draft and Hold, but will play a cutline league this year 2019/20 also.

#4 Post by dannykugler »

Hello "This is over my head but...."
I'll look at one or more of the other points trackers.
I'm using the BestBall10_010821.xlsx spreadsheet to track a current draft - with Joe Sheehan, hope that doesn't impact any help :-)
It seems to work but I'm not sure if the black box adjustment in the player ranks is impacted by the Solver problem.
Feedback shortly.
Danny

dannykugler
Triple-A

#5 Post by dannykugler »

Sorry for the delay in responding.

I downloaded and opened (in Excel..) the 4 files in the 2021 Points Leagues Rankings and Tracker category.

1) NFBC Cutline (.xlsx) January 9 1:45 AM ET: File - Cutline010821.xlsx - "OK, no problem"

2) NFBC Best Ball 12 Teams (.xlsx) January 9 1:45 AM ET: File - NFBC12_010821.xlsx - "Add-in Problem"

3) Fanball BB10s and BB25s (.xlsx) January 9 1:45 AM ET: File - BestBall10_010821.xlsx - "OK (different result than the first time I downloaded the file)"

4) Fantrax Best Ball (.xlsx) January 9 1:45 AM ET: File - Fantrax010821.xlsx - "OK (received message during opening of unsafe external sources…)"

Saw you updated the spreadsheets on 15Jan. Downloaded the 15Jan version of the BestBall10_ and it doesn't have the Add-in Problem message.

Given my result in 3) above wonder if the missing problem flag is reset once I've saved the spreadsheet?

Hope this helps.
Danny

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Todd Zola »

To add a little context, the Cutline, BestBall10 and NFBC12 all emanate from the same template. The template has a different "Pick" page customized to the format of that league. The rest of the coding is the same, with slight alterations on the CALC page that adjusts to the number of picks.

When I post the update, I start with a template with three different pick sheets. I customize CALC to match the sheet I want to update then delete the other two pick sheets. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Therefore, if there were to be a difference, it would have to be on the Picks page of the document, but they were also derived from the initial picks page and adjusted for the league.

If you had the same problem for each worksheet, the issue is likely on my end. However, since it isn't, I'm either not knowledgeable enough about some of the minutia with Excel (quite possible) or it is something like saving the file as you suggest.

dannykugler
Triple-A

#7 Post by dannykugler »

I'm glad you confirmed my (unspoken) suspicion that there was an underlying template for at least some of the spreadsheets.
Everything seems to be working for my tracking a Bestball10s draft and the black box using the solver is not blowing up.
Appreciate the work you put into these tools.
Be well.
Danny