2021 DC Draft Tracker

A board to test all the settings...
butlerj25
High-A

2021 DC Draft Tracker

#1 Post by butlerj25 »

First, thanks so much to Todd for putting this together. I'm though the first 11 rounds of my DC and it's working great. I just wanted to mention a couple of modifications that I've made to my copy in case you're interested.

The first thing I did was add the dollar values from your projections sheet to the Hitting and Pitching tabs. It would be great if your tracker player IDs matched the IDs in the projections spreadsheet, but I made it work. It gave me a way to sort the players by overall value. I'm also using that tab to cross off player names once they've been drafted. I used conditional formatting to shade the players dark gray as they are selected in the Picks list so that I can see who's taken and who's left.

The other thing I did was add categories targets for DCs. I used the 2019 final DC standings values that I found in The Process book. I'm sure it's not a perfect value to use, but it's a good ballpark.

Thanks!

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: 2021 DC Draft Tracker

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Thanks for the feedback. The names need to be in the Tracker form to differentiate players with the same name. That said, I could carry over the MLB ID's.

As for the other suggestions, I actually already have them all coded, but I wanted to make sure the basic features of the Sheet were battle tested. I hope to be able to add on some really cool features next weekend.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

butlerj25
High-A

#3 Post by butlerj25 »

FYI - I did not find Tomoyuki Sugano on the list. He was drafted in the 27th round of my current DC.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

Sugano was added to today's update. I just realized I forgot to add Sung Bum Na - I'll add him next week.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

butlerj25
High-A

#5 Post by butlerj25 »

There are a few more guys that were drafted in my current DC that I don't see in the tracker:
Spencer Torkelson
Scott Oberg
Mel Rojas
Haruki Nishikawa
Kohei Arihara
Reyes Moronta
Andres Munoz
Seth Beer

Also, Caleb Furguson had TJ in September, so he won't be pitching in 2021.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Todd Zola »

Thanks. I generally look at the NFBC ADP every few weeks and add any missing players. I should have time to scrub the list this weekend. Last week was goofy with the non-tenders.