Strat trade

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
jeffcohen717
Low-A

Strat trade

#1 Post by jeffcohen717 »

Todd,

I've been offered Teoscar Hernandez or Randall Grichuk in a trade in a Strat league. I am desperate for more power and would be giving up Garrett Cooper. Both Teoscar and RG look like they'll have great 2020 cards, but what do you see for them going forward? Do you see consistent playing time and power from one or both? Right now, looks like RG would have to be a weak side platoon only.

I can also expand the deal and throw in Will Smith, and perhaps get Edwin Rios or Josh James, or both in return. Thoughts?

20-team league.

thanks,

jeff

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Strat trade

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Bummed MWSTRAT is bagging playing with the 2020 cards next summer and doing something else :(

I would think Grichuk's defense would be much better if that's a thing for you. He's two years older, but signed to a long-term deal for more than platoon money so he's going to play.

My lean is Grichuk since there's more stability, with the caveat Hernandez has a higher ceiling, so if you view this is a dart for upside, I could see Hernandez.

Which Will Smith? Has to be the catcher to get those guys back, I assume. Who else do you have behind the dish?
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

jeffcohen717
Low-A

#3 Post by jeffcohen717 »

I wonder if Dean and Al will re-think their decision and put it up for a vote again.

Sorry, Will Smith, the pitcher. He's a heck of a pick-up for a team making a final playoff push. Would you give him up for Rios or James?

thanks!

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

Dealing Smith depends on the specifics of your league -- but as an example in MWStrat I'll always deal a reliever since they're accessible in the draft, or others are looking to deal them (see a certain team with Jensen and Rogers, both acquired via a trade).
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord