Need thoughts on Trout-Bellinger blockbuster

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
MonstaMash12

Need thoughts on Trout-Bellinger blockbuster

#1 Post by MonstaMash12 »

Hi,

I’m in an eight-person (but 28-man roster) rotisserie league (AVG, OBP, HR, R, RBI, SB; K, WHIP, ERA, SV+HLDS, QS) and have negotiated the following trade with someone who is exuberant to acquire Mike Trout (but I’m having a tough time letting go).

I acquire:
Cody Bellinger
Patrick Corbin
Kirby Yates

They acquire:
Mike Trout
Justin Turner
Edwin Diaz
Keone Kela

My main concern is acquiring starting pitching and his is upgrading the offense. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Need thoughts on Trout-Bellinger blockbuster

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Trades aren't about the names, no matter how glamorous. They aren't about the perceived value. Trades are all about your potential to score points. How many (if any) points might you lose with Bellinger? How many, if any, do you gain with Corbin and Yates? That's the measuring stick.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

MonstaMash12

#3 Post by MonstaMash12 »

Thanks for the response. I am aware of this. That is why I am asking what the community thinks about the value for this year for this trade. If I stand to benefit, regardless of the name and star power of Trout, I will execute it. But I just want to know whether people think I do stand to benefit? Trying to gather some opinions before I pull the trigger.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

We don't have your roster and those of everyone in your league - and this is not a prompt to share them. It's a decision only you can make. We can share opinions on some of the players in a vacuum if you need help in that direction, but the choice is based on how it can help in the standings.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord