Who to drop

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
CamelsAreUnderrated

Who to drop

#1 Post by CamelsAreUnderrated »

12 team OBP league ROTO. Categories are R, HR, RBI, SB, OBP

All the guys I am about mention are bench guys, role players, so position does not matter a ton to me. I have plenty of dual position guys. Who are my three weakest hitters in order?

Luis Arreaz,
Dansby Swanson,
Ohtani,
Smoak,
Jo Adell (not a keeper league),
Howie Kendrick, &
Caesar Hernandez

And who do you value more between Arraez and Caesar Hernandez? Based on wrc+ projections, Arraez is the better hitter, but Hernandez seems to be locked into the leadoff spot. I think they are kind of neck and neck. Your thoughts?

Swanson has the lowest projected wrc+ (after Jo), but he's been white hot with 3 SB.

Thank you!

CamelsAreUnderrated

Re: Who to drop

#2 Post by CamelsAreUnderrated »

I can also pick up Brian Anderson if you think wise, so who would the 4 worst hitters be if I have Anderson. Thanks!

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Todd Zola »

First off, wRC+ isn't a particularly good measure for roto. It's park neutral, which may indicate better pure skills, but the numbers players are affected by their park. In addition, it doesn't account for stolen bases.

Hernandez, Swanson and Ohtani, if he's essentially the full time DH are the three clear beat options for me.

Then it's more a needs questions with the rest.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

CamelsAreUnderrated

#4 Post by CamelsAreUnderrated »

Thank you! To clarify, those are the 3 best hitter?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Todd Zola »

Three best options for your format.

in OBP, Smoak probably next.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord