Rethinking Keepers - Auction not til the 11th!

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
Tig

Rethinking Keepers - Auction not til the 11th!

#1 Post by Tig »

First, let me say thanks to those that responded to my previous thread.

Now that keepers have been submitted, we are allowed to change our keepers, but it cost us $5 (real money). After seeing who the other keepers are, Im wondering if I should be throwing some of my guys back and going into the auction with as much $$ as possible, as there are a ton of "studs" available, who I know will require big $$. as it stands, i have $153 for 16 players.

12 team AL only 5x5 $260 cap 14 hitters, 9 pitchers, no reserves

I ended up settling for the following keepers:
C(2)-
1b-
2b- Mike Aviles $10
SS- Jhonny Peralta $20
3b- Alex Gordon $15
MI-
CI-
OF(5)- Bobby Abreu $20, Nick Markakis $17
UT-
P(9)- James Shields $14, John Danks $11.

Hitters available (valued over $17): Miguel Cabrera, Carl Crawford, Alex Rios, Matt Holliday, Ian Kinsler, Josh Hamilton, Ichiro, Maggs, Brian Roberts, Vlad, T Hunter, Arod, Jeter, V Wells, Dye, Ortiz, Damon, Mauer, Michael Young, Figgins, Cano, Beltre, Polanco, Guillen, Gomez, Vmart, Kendrick.

Pitchers available (valued over $13); Sabathia, Halladay, Beckett, Bedard, Dice K, Greinke, Burnett, J Weaver, S Baker.... Papelbon, Rivera, Nathan, Fuentes, Jenks, K Wood, Ryan
Last edited by Tig on April 7th, 2009, 8:25 am, edited 3 times in total.

Tig

Re: Rethinking Keepers

#2 Post by Tig »

Here are the other teams keepers. The first team is the 2008 champ. I finished in 2nd behind him, after winning it all in 2007. (he finished 2nd).

#1- Longoria $10, Ellsbury $10, Span $10, Chris Davis $10, Sonnanstine $6, F Francisco $10, Felix Hernandez $20 ($76 - $184 for auction)

#2- Huff $18, Alexei Ramirez $14, Buehrle $13, Liriano $18 ($63 - $197 for auction)

#3- Morneau $30, Granderson $25, Sizemore $30, Slowey $10, Wieters $5, Saltalamacchia $10 ($110 - $150 for auction)

#4- Bay $10, Kubel $15, Rodney $14, Balfour $10, Blackburn $8, Ray $10, Ziegler $10 ($77 - $183 for auction)

#5- Teixeira $10, Pedroia $15, Youkilis $20, Adam Jones $10, BJ Upton $20, Floyd $7 ($82 - $178 for auction)

#6- Nelson Cruz $10, Murphy $10, E Santana $14, Arredondo $10 ($44 - $216 for auction)

#7- Carlos Pena $11, Carlos Quentin $12, Brett Gardner $5, Kazmir $25 ($53 - $207 for auction)

#8- Miguel Olivo $6, Marcus Thames $8, Cuddyer $19, Lackey $30 ($63 - $197 for auction)

#9- Delmon Young $15, Travis Snider $5, Soria $19, Wheeler $6, Cahill $5, Adenhart $5 ($55 - $205 for auction)

#10- Nady $10, Baldelli $10, Meche $15

#11- Choo $10, Lowrie $10, Chamberlain $10, Lester $11, Morrow $10, Cl Lee $8, Price $5
Last edited by Tig on April 7th, 2009, 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hambowen

#3 Post by Hambowen »

If you feel like you want money to spend then you could drop Abreau, and peralta and maybe Danks.

Since there are a lot of good 2b's out there then move Aviles to SS and grab one of them and drop Abreau to go after one of the big guys in the draft.

If you do drop some money then make sure you spend, spend, spend because you pass up on a couple of the top guys then I find that you can get left with money on the table because I see it happen to people all the time in drafts.

Based on what is out there though i would drop those 2 borderline guys.

alleyoops
Major League All-Star
Preferred Style: 5x5 slow auctions

#4 Post by alleyoops »

I don't really understand why seeing the other keeper lists would change your mind on any of your guys. It isn't like there were a lot of surprises on their lists, from what I can see. There is moderate inflation, so to me it makes sense to keep any player who is at value without inflation, and maybe even a little over value. All of the guys you kept fall into those categories, so why change them? And why pay to change them?

The fact that a lot of the studs were not kept also means that there is more money available in the auction to buy them. They won't be bargains, just because there are a large supply of them. $153 should allow you to buy several of the guys on those lists, if you choose.

Interesting that you show Danks as kept by you, but also available.

Tig

#5 Post by Tig »

forgot to include a small bit of information: we are only allowed to draft players on the active 25 man roster (plus the DL). So, we are dealing with a player pool of 370. (174 pitchers and 196 hitters). 276 of the 370 will be rostered, with a minimum of 108 pitchers, along with a minimum of 168 hitters.