Quick Question

Theories, Concepts and Analytical Discussion (draft strategies, valuation, inflation, scarcity, etc.)
Larson777
Major Leaguer

Quick Question

#1 Post by Larson777 »

Todd, quick question: is your 50 game projection what you expect if he plays a full season (minus maybe a couple games for his newborn), or is it factoring in a deduction in games due to the chance he sits out the whole season?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Quick Question

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

50 games reflects the minimum paternity stay, which is probably light.

That said, throw any Trout projection out the window. Each drafter needs to make their own decision.

Your team, your call.

Personally, I'm avoiding Trout - the risk is too steep.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Larson777
Major Leaguer

#3 Post by Larson777 »

Thanks

Larson777
Major Leaguer

#4 Post by Larson777 »

Paternity leave is minimum 1 game, maximum 3 games, correct? So the 50 games is assuming minimum 1 game for paternity plus another 9 games off out of 49 (18%)? Is that right?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Todd Zola »

Larson777 wrote: July 9th, 2020, 1:30 pm Paternity leave is minimum 1 game, maximum 3 games, correct? So the 50 games is assuming minimum 1 game for paternity plus another 9 games off out of 49 (18%)? Is that right?
I'll be honest, simply asking this question suggests you're too focused on a completely arbitrary projection.

No one takes one day for paternity leave - I believe I zapped 5% (again, likely way too light) which is 3 games.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Larson777
Major Leaguer

#6 Post by Larson777 »

Todd Zola wrote: July 9th, 2020, 1:54 pm
Larson777 wrote: July 9th, 2020, 1:30 pm Paternity leave is minimum 1 game, maximum 3 games, correct? So the 50 games is assuming minimum 1 game for paternity plus another 9 games off out of 49 (18%)? Is that right?
I'll be honest, simply asking this question suggests you're too focused on a completely arbitrary projection.

No one takes one day for paternity leave - I believe I zapped 5% (again, likely way too light) which is 3 games.
Todd, just trying to gauge your line of thinking in your games played projection. I can agree or disagree with the number of games you project, but it is completely logical to want to know the method to how you came up with that number so I can adjust accordingly, if I see fit.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by Todd Zola »

In most scenarios, I agree. With Trout, it honestly doesn't matter. It's a unique situation and by focusing on the granularity of the number of games, that suggests you're missing the big picture. That's what I'm trying to point out.