Combined Bats/Arms Rankings?

Theories, Concepts and Analytical Discussion (draft strategies, valuation, inflation, scarcity, etc.)
Larson777
Major Leaguer

Combined Bats/Arms Rankings?

#1 Post by Larson777 »

Hi Todd, do you have combined rankings for the NFBC Main Event? I know you have hitters in one spreadsheet and pitchers in another, but when combined and sorted by dollar value it has Cole 1st overall and the order seems top-heavy with pitchers. How do you suggest ranking all the hitters and pitchers together using your data so it appears something like follows...
1. Trout
2. Acuna
3. Yelich
4. Betts
5. Cole, Pitcher
6. Bellinger
7. Scherzer, Pitcher
etc.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Combined Bats/Arms Rankings?

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Combined rankings depend on the hitter/pitcher split. The NFBC prices are intended for the auctions. I'd try ranking by the 15-team mixed prices and if that doesn't look like you want, you'll need to play with the CVRCs, altering the hitting/pitching split.

If pitchers are still too high using 15MIX, try 71% hitting, 29% pitching. If they're now too low, use 70/30.

All that said, being married to rankings suggests you're too reliant on rankings and not thinking enough about roster construction. Whether to draft a pitcher or hitter shouldn't be dictated by rankings, but how you want to build your team.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord