Travis Demeritte and Nick Martini

Minor Leaguers, prospects, projects, and suspects.
billyhaze
High-A

Travis Demeritte and Nick Martini

#1 Post by billyhaze »

Any thoughts or insight on the above mentioned players? I

I seen Demeritte go in last round of a 50 rd draft and was wondering if he was worth it. also Phillies now have a guy named Nick Martini, who I assume is not related to the bartender from "It's a Wonderful Life", any thoughts on him?

Thanks

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Travis Demeritte and Nick Martini

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Travis Demeritte is a great pick in the 50th. Hits the ball hard, has power but strikes out a ton. The Tigers have nothing to lose giving him a chance, he could even start.

Nick Martini has bounced around, calling card is on base skills but they've really yet to manifest at the MLB level. No pop, some speed but was hurt last season. Not much category juice, but won't kill your average. Philly pretty deep in OF, Martini likely organizational depth, doesn't interest me in a DC.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord