Thoughts on pick ups due today

General player discussion. It is encouraged but not necessary to note the name of player and the date of the news in the subject.
CubFan
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: AL only 5x5 H2H & rotisserie keeper auctions

Thoughts on pick ups due today

#1 Post by CubFan »

This was posted earlier in a different thread but thought this one would get greater visibility.....plus I'm hoping for some feedback as we have a 9 pm deadline today.

12 team 5x5 AL only keeper league with $310 salary cap. See signature for team. Need to DL Devine and Escobar. Porcello is out there and then a host of retreads such as Colon, Contreras, Pavano. Also some relief pitchers such as Edwar Rameriz (vulture wins and good K/ERA), Cassilla (Geren has taken a liking to him in ST and will give him a bigger role now that Devine may be done for the season), Jepsen (Sciossa likes him and he hit 97 mph on the gun recently), Carlson (threw well last year and vultured a number of wins), Aardsma (do I feel lucky.....heck Morrow wont close every game). there will be a number of owners who need to replace guys sent down or DLd (I count at least 8) so I expect a number of bids. DL and players sent ot the minors must be moved within 2 weeks.

Current thoughts: Escobar....$5-$7 Porcello.....then I dunno if I want an ulcer if I pick up Pavano or Colon. Could go with Edwar Rameriz or Carlson.

Devine.....$3-$5 for Casilla (either he and/or Blevins will likely get a few saves) then Rameriz $1, Carlson $1, maybe Nelson $1.

Also think I'm light on SBs. Drop Matthews (5th OFer in real life and may be on the way out)...p/u Josh Anderson $3-$5 (there may be up to 4 UT/5th OFers that may be replaced), Endy Chavez $3, Trevor Crowe $1 (Sizemore lite...but what happens if Dellucci heals....sent back down to AAA?), or Buscher $2 (Crede insurance).

Coming out of the auction I was going to throw $20+ bids at Wieters and Price when they come up.

Would appreciate hearing anyone's opinions. Also any other names you can think of let me know. We have a very deep league.
12 team AL only 5x5 H2H keeper league. Using OBP, W+QS and S+1/2H

C - Garver $4
1B/3B - Torkelson $1, E. Durna $3 (??)
2B/SS - Royce Lewis $2, Story $13
OF - J Duran $11, Ward $7
UT -
SP - Hunter Brown $6, Ryan $22
RP - Fairbanks $6, Duran $16
Bench -