10 Man keeper league trade offer

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
jmette
Major Leaguer

10 Man keeper league trade offer

#1 Post by jmette »

10 man keeper league trade offer. My Paxton and 1st round pick for his Machado and 5th round pick. Accept or pass?

Categories:
R, H, RBI, HR, SB, AVG, OPS, FPCT
W, SV, K, ERA, WHIP, WIN%, Blown Saves

Roster:
Narvaez
Alonso, Goldschmidt, Matt Olson, Jose Abreu
Hiura, Jose Ramirez, Dee Gordon
Soto, Yordan Alvarez, Bellinger, Meadows, Benintendi, Khris Davis,

Sale, Minor, Ray, Bieber, Paxton, Glasnow, Paddack, Luis Castillo, Forrest Whitley, Eovaldi
Kimbrel, Jansen

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: 10 Man keeper league trade offer

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Can't say yes or no, just too much stuff affecting the decision.

Does the deal help you win this season?

Is Machado a keeper?

What sort of player is likely available with the first round pick?

If Machado improves chances to win this season, is that worth the downgrade of picks, ostensibly hurting chances to win next year.

On paper, the deal seems fair - but that's not what determines its viability. Does it help you win? The "value in a vacuum" of players in a deal is moot. The currency is standings points.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

da_big_kid_94
Hall of Famer

Re: 10 Man keeper league trade offer

#3 Post by da_big_kid_94 »

To me, there are many types of offers, two of them being;
  • "I need pitching more than I need hitting. I look at his roster and think he needs more offense than pitching so I offer Machado to take away any perceived pain of giving up Paxton"
  • "I'm out of it this year, let me see what I can get for Manny now and hope he doesn't notice when he picks in the first round next year."
There are other factors and permutations - but you have to answer if this trade meets a need of yours now or next season, or is it just what he feels he needs to give up for Paxson regardless of how it may help you?? Does this deal help either of you in this year's standings?
These are my views based on my own opinions and observations - your mileage may vary.
"KNOW THY LEAGUE" - the Forum Funklord - 4/13/2009
Fantasy is managing stats ... roto is managing teams