Benintendi for K. Marte + Jared Kelenic?

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
aasilver
Rookie

Benintendi for K. Marte + Jared Kelenic?

#1 Post by aasilver »

This is a keep forever 15 team Dynasty League. Standard 5x5 categories. Im going for the title this year and could use a slight bump in HR, AVG. This trade is about this year first and foremost but also thinking of the future.

In my mind this kind of comes down to if you think K. Marte is truly broken out for the rest of this year as well is what long term prospects are for Benny Biceps. What say you? Thanks!

Current Offensive lineup.

C Jason Castro
C Wilson Ramos
1B Josh Bell
2B Javier Baez
3B Alex Bregman
SS Xander Bogaerts
CI Anthony Rendon
MI Adalberto Mondesi
OF Ronald Acuna Jr.
OF Andrew Benintendi
OF Mookie Betts
OF Nicholas Castellanos
OF Michael Conforto
UT Gregory Polanco
B Tucker Barnhart
B Jose Martinez
B Aaron Hicks
B Nomar Mazara

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Benintendi for K. Marte + Jared Kelenic?

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Everything Marte is doing is fully supported by the underlying metrics, so there isn't any regression due in the classical sense (good luck regressing to the mean), That said, it's obviously unclear whether he can maintain this pace all season.

Benintendi is the same guy, just performing at the lower range of plausible outcomes.

This is a matter of taste/philosophy, but when I'm going for it, I don't also have an eye for the future, even in dynasty formats. To that end, while Kelenic may be a perfectly fair deal, he doesn't help win this season. if I'm dealing Benintendi in a keep forever league, I want more help to win THIS year. Your team, your call.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord