Trade Advice

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
Euronymous

Trade Advice

#1 Post by Euronymous »

10-team 5x5 ROTO Redraft, 180 GS Limit

C J.T. Realmuto

1B Freddie Freeman

2B Kike Hernandez, Kolten Wong

3B Matt Chapman

SS Trevor Story

CI Luke Voit

MI Adalberto Mondesi

UT Pete Alonso, Maikel Franco, Christian Walker

OF Mookie Betts, Charlie Blackmon, Yasiel Puig, Victor Robles, Michael Brantley, Ramon Laureano

SP Noah Syndergaard, Clayton Kershaw, Luis Castillo, Ross Stripling, Kyle Hendricks

RP Roberto Osuna, Jordan Hicks, Pedro Strop

IL Daniel Murphy

GIVE: Freddie Freeman, J.T. Realmuto

GET: Mike Trout, Willians Astudillo

Now, in 10-team I almost always take the deal if I'm getting easily the best player, but the two guys I'd be shipping off are elite talents as well. I've got plenty of 1B depth to offset losing my alpha first baseman, but the question for me comes down to how much playing time La Tortuga can force himself into. My gut says to go for it, but any advice on which way to go?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Trade Advice

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Weekly or daily moves?
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Euronymous

#3 Post by Euronymous »

Daily moves league. Standard ESPN format.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

Pure numbers, you'll need about 480 PA from Astudillo to break even. That seems steep to me.

Game theory-wise, Realmuto is GOLD in daily moves since you want to get as close to the 180 games as possible and he plays a TON. Using Astudillo, or almost any other catcher, requires high maintenance with a valuable reserve spot, taking away the ability to fortify other positions.

Your team, your call, I don't think this is obvious in either direction, but my lean is Freeman/Realmuto.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Euronymous

#5 Post by Euronymous »

Thank you, Todd! Maybe I don't fully realize what a gem I have in Realmuto, and yes, roster spots are precious. Maybe I'll think it over a bit and see if I can insert a different piece than J.T.