Streaming Pitchers?

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
TribeNation
Major Leaguer

Streaming Pitchers?

#1 Post by TribeNation »

I stayed with rostering quality starters( hopefully) and am asking if streaming pitchers during my pitchers 1 week starts pans out over the course of a season. My RTS points has negative points for poor performance so I can see where SP 4, 5 6 hurlers could hurt me there as well as in my ratios league. Do you have any strategy you follow when choosing streamers. RTS leagues only have a 5 player bench as you prolly know.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Streaming Pitchers?

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Not sure if it's a strategy, I put my best 9 pitchers out every week, looking to the free agent pool to upgrade one of my spots.

i don't know if this is what you're looking for, but it's something I recently wrote for ESPN.

http://www.espn.com/fantasy/baseball/st ... m-pitchers
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

TribeNation
Major Leaguer

#3 Post by TribeNation »

How many pitchers do you carry on the reserve? Out of the 5 spots...how many pitchers..

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

There isn't a one-size-fits-all answer, it's contextual. Depends on league format, scoring, size of reserves, # IL spots, frequency of moves, needs, etc.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

TribeNation
Major Leaguer

#5 Post by TribeNation »

My starters are Bauer Chacin, Freeland, Happ, Taillon, Trev Williams, 3 Rps Hader, Iglesias, Wil Smith. For April 1 week, im bringing 2 start Price in for Chacin, and which RP would you sub out for Gausman start @Miami?
Thanks..used your Roto rankings

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#6 Post by Todd Zola »

Probably Smith, but your team, your call.

TribeNation
Major Leaguer

#7 Post by TribeNation »

Todd, I enjoyed the ESPN article on streaming pitchers. May I ask if you apply those parameters when you create the weekly Pitcher rankings on Rotowire? I do use those rankings help my pitching decisions each week. thanks

TribeNation
Major Leaguer

#8 Post by TribeNation »

Would you start Chacin@ Cin or Guasman vs Mia? 5x5 season long. Gausman 1st start of season. Thanks

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#9 Post by Todd Zola »

The Rotowire rankings are formulaic. Most often I'll go by the rankings, but sometimes it's needs driven.

As for Gausman/Chacin, I'd go with the Rotowire rankings, your team, your call.