2 of the first 6 picks...

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
mrmruwitchuwitch
High-A

2 of the first 6 picks...

#1 Post by mrmruwitchuwitch »

10 team NL Roto League; 5x5; Draft; 14 hitters/9 pitchers/2 floaters;25 rounds
In Mastersball Top 20: Acuna, Story, Cain, Bellinger protected
35 pitchers protected;35 hitters protected for all team combined
My team: Soto,Albies, Senzel(ML list), Buehler, Aguilar, Rosario,Winker, Stripling

Picks: 2, 6, 39,42,46, 59, 62 then continuing 79,82 etc.. My core is protected in Rounds 13 to 19.

Question:

Assuming Scherzer goes #1..thinking go with double aces by De Grom at #2 allows me to add all other pitching other than closer very late in draft. At #6 pick best superstar. Guessing someone may shoot for Harper or Machado too early leaving a better choice. Pretty sure if someone else goes at#1 must take Scherzer at#2.

Comments on the two ace strategy? Pretty sure waiting until pick 39 leaves me with a 5th tier pitcher at #2 on my staff.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: 2 of the first 6 picks...

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Not a huge fan of two aces, hurts hitting and pitching can still be managed. Your team, you call -- really depends on who you can get as a bat at #2 and arm at #6.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord