20 team league - trade Scherzer for Litsch & Lowrie?

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
Tig

20 team league - trade Scherzer for Litsch & Lowrie?

#1 Post by Tig »

With the Angels sending Brandon Wood down, I'm desparate to get a 3b!!

20 team 5x5 (daily transactions)

would you trade max Scherzer for Jesse Litsch & Jed Lowrie?

C - Miguel Olivo
1b - Travis Ishikawa
2b - Alexei Ramirez
3b - Russell Martin
SS - Elvis Andrus
MI - Rickie Weeks
CI - Casey McGehee * (Lowrie would actually play CI)
OF- Grady Sizemore
OF - Nelson Cruz
OF - Travis Snider
OF - Delmon Young
OF - Travis Buck
UT - Wladimir Balentien
Reserves - Matt Wieters (minors), Brandon Wood (minors), Carlos Gonzalez (minors)

SP - Cole Hamels, Yovani Gallardo, Max Scherzer, Shairon Martis
RP - Jose Arredondo, JJ Putz, Carlos Villanueva, Jon Rauch, Jorge Campillo, JA Happ
Reserves - Chris Perez (minors), Justin Duchscherer (DL?)

maxdad007

Re: 20 team league - trade Scherzer for Litsch & Lowrie?

#2 Post by maxdad007 »

If thats the best offer you can get then yeah, I would probably do it. Only thing that scares me about Lowrie is will he keep his job once Lugo comes back?

#3 Post by Guest »

Only question I'd ask is - aren't you in the middle of a re-load here?

Kids all over the roster, bench full of them, I'm assuming this is a dynasty, why make a deal to improve yourself this year at the risk of Scherzer's potential unless there's something Im not seeing?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

Is dealing Russell Martin an option? Seems to me you will have Wieters at catcher, making Martin less attractive as a keeper 3B.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Tig

#5 Post by Tig »

believe it or not, this isnt a keeper league.

i actually drafted this team this year. (due in part to an ongoing bet/debate with another owner).

he wasnt allowed to draft anyone under 29 and I wasnt allowed to take anyone over 29.

while definitely extremely young, Im projected to finish 14th out of 20, and figure with enough breaks, add/drops, trades, etc, I can manage it to a top 10 finish.