Custom Values

Theories, Concepts and Analytical Discussion (draft strategies, valuation, inflation, scarcity, etc.)
Roneal01

Custom Values

#1 Post by Roneal01 »

First year using this site hopefully posting in right spot. Is the custom value section of the site active? If not when does that normally go live? If already live not sure what I’m doing wrong. Read the instructions but can’t click on any of the tabs to set up league parameters. Thanks in advance for any help. Trying to get used to the way the site works before preparing for my drafts.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Custom Values

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

If you're talking about the CVRC's, they're functional.

Are you on a PC or Mac? The Excel programs may not be Mac compatible.

Can you post your league specs in as much detail as possible? The directions are a bit outdated.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Roneal01

#3 Post by Roneal01 »

Using IPad.

Roneal01

#4 Post by Roneal01 »

12 team mixed. 15 hitters. 2c. 5 OF 2Util MI, CI. 10 pitchers only rule is 1000 IP. Auction I usually go 68-70% offense $260 budget can keep players for up to 6 years

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Todd Zola »

Can Excel on an IPad handle Excel macros? Do you have another platform you can use?
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Roneal01

#6 Post by Roneal01 »

I googled it and Apple support said no. When my wife gets done with desktop she said she thinks she can make it work not sure how it’s also iOS. One more favor would you be able to email me my login info don’t have it saved on desktop. Rvtt@aol.com Thanks so much for all your help

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by Todd Zola »

Sorry, I don't have your password. Your log in name is the same as the forum. There should be link to recover your password.

Roneal01

#8 Post by Roneal01 »

Just tried on desktop no luck. If your custom values,main reason signed up for site, are not iOS compatible do I have any other options?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#9 Post by Todd Zola »

You probably won't like this answer, but considering it's a keeper league, using the standard 12-team rankings will be fine, just consider the next 12 hitters and next 12 pitchers starting at $0 to be $1 players. Draft dynamics in a keeper league are such you don't need to customize with the extra hitter and pitcher.

If that's not acceptable, I'm of course happy to refund your purchase.

Roneal01

#10 Post by Roneal01 »

Thanks so much for your help I’ll play around with the site after the Cowboys game and hopefully make everything work.

Roneal01

#11 Post by Roneal01 »

Question is 12 teams league site default? Example when I click on rankings tab and the players are by position is that how you rank them in 12 team league?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#12 Post by Todd Zola »

That's technically a 15 team league. Rankings for 12 would be similar, with SB guys dropping a little.

There is a tab for MIX 12 with top to bottom rankings.

I don't post them until drafts start in earnest, but part of the content is color coded drafting tiers. There will be a 12-team version. Like mentioned earlier, just consider the first 12 reserves to be in the $1-$5 tier and you'll be fine for a keeper league.

Roneal01

#13 Post by Roneal01 »

Hi Eric been playing around with site and was having trouble printing pages so I asked neighbor son to help,been a great help in past, and after about an hour with no luck he said only he knows to make it would be to install a program that works with windows and iOS but can really slow down computer not really an option for me. Unfortunately I’m going ask for a refund this year and maybe next year site iOS compatible or as neighbors son look into getting a windows type iPad on the cheap when new ones come out. Sorry about it but no other option

Roneal01

#14 Post by Roneal01 »

Thank you. Customer service is outstanding