Trade help dynasty league

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
garadand

Trade help dynasty league

#1 Post by garadand »

Alright I have a hard one, or at least I think it's hard. Your thoughts are appreciated!

12 team DYNASTY league H2H categories - 6 (R,HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OPS) X 6 (QS, K, SV, HLD, ERA, WHIP). $325 salary with about 10% inflation yearly. Unique rosters 2 catchers, 4 OF, 2 UTIL. I'm competing for 1st - he is selling.

I was just offered this trade:

I get:

Yadier Molina $26 (Cut Lucroy at $8)

Justin Verlander $6

Gregory Polanco $13

Alex Verdugo (Will slot into MiL)

Keone Kela $1

FOR

Juan Soto $4
Shane Bieber $2

Michael Fulmer $6

Others I think are available from him (Nelson Cruz $35, C-Mart $44, ).

My current roster:

Catcher Jonathan Lucroy

Catcher Evan Gattis

1st Base Joey Votto

2nd Base Whit Merrifield

3rd Base Eduardo Escobar

Shortstop Trea Turner

Outfield 1Khris Davis

Outfield 2 Soto, Juan, OF, WAS

Outfield 3 Justin Upton

Outfield 4 Charlie Blackmon

Utility Josh Bell

Utility Addison Russell

Start Pitcher 1 Luke Weaver

Start Pitcher 2 Corey Kluber

Start Pitcher 3 Michael Fulmer

Start Pitcher 4 Shane Bieber

Relief Pitcher 1 Arodys Vizcaino

Relief Pitcher 2 Wade Davis

Relief Pitcher 3 Will Smith

Relief Pitcher 4 Sean Doolittle

Pitcher Snell, Blake, P, TB

Pitcher Chris Devenski

Pitcher Kyle Hendricks

Pitcher James Paxton

BENCH AJ Minter

BENCH Seranthony Dominguez

BENCH Ohtani, Shohei, P, LAA

BENCH Adrian Beltre

BENCH Byron Buxton

BENCH Enrique Hernandez
DL Yu Darvish

DL Josh Donaldson

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Trade help dynasty league

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Sounds more like a keeper league than dynasty -- how long can you keep players? Is there salary escalation?

Pretty sure the answer is if the improves chances of winning this season, do it -- but slight chance it could be something else based on league parameters.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

garadand

#3 Post by garadand »

You can keep players as long as you want as long as you can afford to. It's a 10% increase every year and then the 3rd year of contract it starts going up more 3rd year kept- +10%+$2, 4th:+10%+$3, etc.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

Sort of a keeper-dynasty hybrid.

Verlander is silly cheap - losing Soto obviously hurts but winning eases the pain. You'll likely be able to flip Verlander for prospects down the road.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord