Trade partner overplayed their hand

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
MaestroJay

Trade partner overplayed their hand

#1 Post by MaestroJay »

5x5 Roto 12 team

Another owner has overplayed their desire for Goldschmidt. To the point they've shown a fleecing would be possible. However, they don't have a 1B I want. So unsure how to take advantage haul wise. Wasn't shopping goldschmidt. However this fell in my lap.

Is there a too good to be true haul, that would compensate for losing Goldy? Or is the hit at 1B too much? Not really looking to shop Goldschmidt.However, he's willing to part with minimally both McCutchen and Carlos Martinez.

Me

C - Contreras
1B - Goldy
2B - Albies
3B - Devers
SS - Story
OF - Blackmon/Marte/Puig
UTIL - Crawford/Suarez
BN - Alonso/Moncada/Polanco

SP - Strausburg/Severino
RP - Treinen/Vazquez
P - Parker/Stecknrider/Barria/Ross
BN - Quintana/Godley
DL - Soroka/Rodon

Them -

C - Perez
1B - Miggy
2B - Lowrie
3B - Bryant
SS - Anderson
OF - Bryce/Mazara/Soto
UTIL - Mallex/Beltre
BN - McCutchen/Ohtani
DL - Andrus

SP - Martinez/Richards
RP -Jansen/Kola
P -Norris/Dominguez/Barraclaugh/Reyes
BN - Buelher/Flaherty/Anderson
DL - Bumgarner

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Trade partner overplayed their hand

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

I'd want more -- your team, your call.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

MaestroJay

Re: Trade partner overplayed their hand

#3 Post by MaestroJay »

The latest offer theyve sent is Miggy/Carlos Martinez/Barraclough/McCutchen for Goldy. It's less me wanting to trade Goldy, and more seeing what a return could be here.