Roto Pitching help

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
MaestroJay

Roto Pitching help

#1 Post by MaestroJay »

5x5 12 team Roto 1400 IP Limit

W - 11
SV -3
K - 4 (221 K's in 227 IP)
ERA - 7
WHIP -6

SP - Strausburg/Severino
RP - Vazquez/Treinen
P - E.Rodriguez/Samardzija/Quintana/Folty
BN - Godley/Fulmer/S.Gray

Is it time to swap one of the back end guys for a Kingham,Gibson,Cahill,Newcomb type? Or even drop one of those 4 for another RP?

O'Day, Nicasio, Stecknerider, Hirano,Kintzler are available. Or am i just seeing sample size of a couple bad starts mixed with Samardzija returning and I should ive it another few weeks before making a move?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Roto Pitching help

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

They're all matchup plays in a league this shallow.

Personally, I would have already had a couple of high K relievers that stay in your lineup all the time so you can pare down the number of streaming starters, availing more reserves to make sure hitting is full on Monday and Thursday.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

MaestroJay

#3 Post by MaestroJay »

My back end draft SP became drops early, while S.Gray has been cold, and Fulmer struggled. With Samardzija out as well, forced my hand to load up on SP on the WW.

Added O'Day and Nicasio for Eduardo and Folty. So it looks like

SP - Strausburg/Severino
RP - Vazquez/Treinen
P - Nicasio/O'Day/Quintana/Samardzija
BN - Godley/Fulmer/S.Gray

Do you turn S.Gray into a stream slot at this point? Or is there enough upside with the babip and walk regression, to just sit him on bench until he gets going

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

Regardless of what's happened, this format screams for a bunch of high K relievers active all the time, then be judicious with spot starters.

Plus - everyone is technically a match up in this format. Sure, you'll almost always use the aces, but in paper, everyone is a matchup play.

Re: Gray, I go by the matchups.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord