Is there a trade here?

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
MaestroJay

Is there a trade here?

#1 Post by MaestroJay »

5x5 12 Team Roto

Categories:

Me

R: 11
HR: 11.5
RBI: 5
SB: 11
AVG: 4

W: 11.5
SV: 3
K: 4.5
ERA: 6
WHIP: 6

Them:

R: 12
HR: 7
RBI: 8
SB: 10
AVG: 7

W: 2.5
SV: 4
K: 4.5
ERA: 12
WHIP: 7

Rosters:

Me:

C - Contreras
1B - Goldy
2B - Albies
3B - Devers
SS - Story
OF - Blackmon/Marte/Polanco
UTIL - Belt/Markakis
BN - Kinsler/Bell

SP - Strausburg/Severino
RP - Vasquez/Treinen
P - Steckenrider/Quintana/ERod/Samardzija
BN - Godley/Fulmer/S.Gray

Them

C - Realmuto
1B - Votto
2B - Hernandez
3B - Gallo
SS - Segura
OF - Judge/Fowler/Herrera
UTIL - Frazier/Hamilton
BN - Bruce/Carpenter/Nunez/McCann
DL - Drury

SP - Glasnow/Verlander
RP - Hand/Doolittle
P - V.Velasquez/Clevinger/Odorizzi/Maeda
BN - Peacock
DL - Hill

I need to unload atleast 1 of Story or Polanco, to help with my average. Presumably for me the target would be Segura, and for that I have to include Story. they could potentially use another SP. Which, while i have. Losing one wouldn't help my cause in K's.

with as low value as Story and Polanco have right now in an avg league. Is there a starting point offer worth throwing out for either end?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Is there a trade here?

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

How many H2H matchups have you lost because of losing the BAvg category?

Story is helping in four categories -- plus is now hitting .253 -- I'll take that in categorical H2H, especially since Coors hasn't been Coors yet.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

MaestroJay

#3 Post by MaestroJay »

This is roto not H2H and avg has been an issue since the start of the season. As right now I'm .010 away from moving up even two spots. Which is why I'm looking at potential slots to improve avg.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

Sorry, may bad - but still, in my opinion, FAR too early to manage categories ESPECIALLY batting average.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord