Another Castillo Clunker

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
Euronymous

Another Castillo Clunker

#1 Post by Euronymous »

Luis Castillo was one of my favorite draft targets this year, but the early returns have obviously been ugly. I'm a disciple of the "exhibit excruciating patience" mantra, but Sean Manaea is sitting on waivers in my 10-teamer and I'm wondering if I should make the swap. Sit tight, or make the move?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Another Castillo Clunker

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Move certainly defensible. Castillo should right the ship, but I've been on Manaea as well.

10-teamers are not designed for exhibit excruciating patience. That mantra was coined when AL and NL leagues dominated. It's still true, to an extent, but the main reason for patience was not to make a knee jerk trade, the available replacements weren't better than the struggling player. In shallow leagues, all bets are off -- there's an inventory to draw on.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord