He Wants Timmy

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
Euronymous

He Wants Timmy

#1 Post by Euronymous »

Guy in my league wants Tim Anderson back after dropping him early in the season. He's pitched the following two trade proposals in our 10-team redraft.

GIVE: Tim Anderson
GET: MIguel Sano

and

GIVE: Tim Anderson, Luis Castillo
GET: Noah Syndergaard, Patrick Corbin

Leaning no to the first offer but the second one has me intrigued. I'm just not sure what to make of Anderson's early-season heroics and what we can expect the rest of the way.

Here's my team:

C Willson Contreras

1B Joey Votto

2B Ozzie Albies

3B Travis Shaw

SS Trea Turner

CI Jose Martinez

MI Tim Anderson

UT Scott Kingery, Nick Senzel

OF J.D. Martinez, Christian Yelich, Byron Buxton, Eddie Rosario, Domingo Santana

SP Jake DeGrom, Gerrit Cole, Luis Castillo, Luke Weaver, Zack Godley

RP Jeurys Familia, Blake Treinen, Brad Brach, Keone Kela, Hunter Strickland, Keynan Middleton

DL Xander Bogaerts

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: He Wants Timmy

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

Scoring system? Daily or Weekly?
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Euronymous

#3 Post by Euronymous »

5x5 ROTO, daily, 180 GS limit for SPs. FWIW, I'm first in my league in steals and toward the back of the back in HR and RBI, not that this means much this early on.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

Not a fan of Kingery and Senzel in this shallow of a league - unless you have a reserve/bench you're not listing.

Doing the deal you'd have too much pitching, so if you feel you can parlay that into better hitting than Anderson, I can see taking on the risk of Syndergaard. That's the key to the deal, if Thor throws 180 or 120 IP.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Euronymous

#5 Post by Euronymous »

Thanks much, Todd. I'm in a gambling mood today, so I took the deal.

Euronymous

#6 Post by Euronymous »

Here's another one that I'm struggling with:

GIVE: Jeurys Familia

GET: Jonathan Schoop, Josh Reddick

Familia's off to a scorching start, but I've got enough closer depth that I can spare him. I'm pretty set with my 2B/MI rotation of Ozzie Albies, Xander Bogaerts, and Scott Kingery, and the Reddick part of the deal is basically a throw-in. So this comes down to whether I want to add Schoop and hope he gets healthy (obliques always scare me, especially for guys whose primary statistical function is to put the ball over the wall) and has another good season, and maybe this opens up the opportunity of making another trade.

Here's the updated roster:

C Willson Contreras

1B Joey Votto

2B Ozzie Albies

3B Travis Shaw

SS Trea Turner

CI Jose Martinez

MI Scott Kingery

UT Matt Olson, Yuli Gurriel

OF J.D. Martinez, Christian Yelich, Byron Buxton, Eddie Rosario, Domingo Santana

SP Noah Syndergaard, Jake DeGrom, Gerrit Cole, Luke Weaver, Luis Castillo

RP Jeurys Familia, Blake Treinen, Brad Brach, Keone Kela, Hunter Strickland, Keynan Middleton

DL Xander Bogaerts

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#7 Post by Todd Zola »

You have the analysis pegged - can't say whether to do it or not, that's your call. I'm not as concerned about Schoop's performance when back. That said, I'm also not as sure you're set in saves, there's several easily in jeopardy of losing their job.

Euronymous

#8 Post by Euronymous »

I countered with Hunter Strickland for Schoop in a straight 1-for-1 and he accepted. Thanks for your help, Todd!