Bundy or Archer

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
Tierney2000

Bundy or Archer

#1 Post by Tierney2000 »

12 Team - H2H - Categories - W, L, K, ERA, WHIP, QS, SV/H

My Dylan Bundy for his Chris Archer.

Thanks for your response on the last trade.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Bundy or Archer

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

standard buy low, sell high deal, could backfire, but still Archer's skills, prefer him
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Tierney2000

#3 Post by Tierney2000 »

I have a really hard time with Archer. The player rater for my league even had Bundy finishing 180 (35) and Archer finishing at 190 (37) in 2017.

Would this start against Boston do anything to sway how you feel about this trade?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

Can't let one outing sway opinion - especially when it's snowing (not to mention, not over).

Your team, your call. if you want Bundy, don't rely on affirmation from me.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Tierney2000

#5 Post by Tierney2000 »

I appreciate you getting back to me.

It's not so much being swayed by one start as it is the four starts, the pedigree, the increased slider usage (Bundy), Chris Archers general overrated-ness, as well as his poor start. I'll probably be accepting but again I appreciate you responding. I've got a little bit of thinking to do.

Trav The Ump

#6 Post by Trav The Ump »

Any worry with AL only? You didn't note, there is some risk with Archer going to the NL this year. Just a thought in case of.