Cespedes and boxberger for acuna?

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
mr.tanktop
Double-A

Cespedes and boxberger for acuna?

#1 Post by mr.tanktop »

In a NL only keeper Roto with OPS. Acuna would be $10 to keep next season, exponentially increasing years following. Have Rivero and melancon as closers right now. Fair deal?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Cespedes and boxberger for acuna?

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

I come from the school that can't say if the deal is fair or not, especially with keeper implications. Cespedes/Boxberger is safer for this year, Acuna more of a future play, though could pay off this season.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

mr.tanktop
Double-A

#3 Post by mr.tanktop »

Thanks. I just lost bumgarner so i kind of feel like my season is gonna be a wash.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#4 Post by Todd Zola »

Given this is a #humblebrag, you never know. The year I won NL Tout Wars, I lost a $31 AJ Pollock for basically the year. Replacing a pitcher is harder on paper, but again, you never know.

That said, there's nothing that says you can't do the deal, and if your team is doing well, you could then flip Acuna for the mother load if it helps you win.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

mr.tanktop
Double-A

#5 Post by mr.tanktop »

No doubt. Thanks for the advice. New to the site and I’m realling enjoying all the info.

Captain Hook
Major League All-Star

#6 Post by Captain Hook »

mr.tanktop wrote: March 26th, 2018, 11:13 am Thanks. I just lost bumgarner so i kind of feel like my season is gonna be a wash.
and you didn't lose Bumgarner for the season - maybe a third, maybe a week or two less - Don't give up on the season because of that

mr.tanktop
Double-A

#7 Post by mr.tanktop »

I definitely dont want to give up, but I feel like acuna offers me a potentially good player this year and a great value as a keeper. Cespedes doesn’t have a great health track record. And I have Rivero and melancon to keep me afloat with saves.