First year playing first year for league 14 team mix Dynasty

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
deaccat

First year playing first year for league 14 team mix Dynasty

#1 Post by deaccat »

C R. Hernandez (6)
C Navarro (1)
1st D. Lee (15)
2nd B. Phillips (24)
3rd Wright (38)
ss Avilles (10)
ci Zimmerman (14)
mi K. Johnson (15)
of Ordonez (17)
of Pence (16)
of Adam Jones (11)
of Taveras (4)
of Sin Choo (5)
utilty Guzman (11)

Liriano (19)
Kazimir (13)
Volquez (11)
Jurrgens (5)
Litsch (2)
Duchsherer (1)
Smoltz (1)
Nathan (19)
Ryan (11)

how do I look overall? My projected totals come out having me weak in HR's when I was drafting it didn't seem that way.

Definately not sure if my Pitcjing is good or not and don't know if two closers will get me near enough saves needed.

Thanks

Hambowen

Re: First year playing first year for league 14 team mix Dynasty

#2 Post by Hambowen »

Overall I like the team. You seem to have good balance.

To answer your questions.

I can see you being light in Hr's. You do have a few players that are younger and could do better then their projections in Choo, Pence, Zimmerman, Adam Jones. If one or 2 of them ups their production in a meaningful way you might be ok.

Looks like you will have a lot of steals and may be able to trade some steals for power during the year.

Your starting pitching should be fine with the potential to be real good, you have some risk/reward guys. If Duchsherer is out his 6 weeks and then comes back healthy for the year then you will be in real good shape.

Assuming Ryan is OK (some reports saying he is not) then you will have enough saves to be at least middle of the pack but more likely upper middle because Nathan is a stud. Both of those guys will also help your era and ratio a lot.

Not sure if you have a reserve roster or a dl roster but I would probably get a real good era/ratio Middle reliever for 1 of the spots because you need to replace Duchsherer and Smoltz for the first month of the season. Saito, Kuo, or even Scott Downs as some Ryan insurance.

deaccat

Re: First year playing first year for league 14 team mix Dynasty

#3 Post by deaccat »

thank you for your input. I hope those guys do perform a little better then thier projections for sure. Hope I can get some fill ins for my two injured pitchers too. Good luck to you as well.