NFBC Satellite league

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
Hambowen

NFBC Satellite league

#1 Post by Hambowen »

15 team draft nfbc rules. I had the 6th pick. Parenthesis shows the round drafted.

C Doumit (8)
C Ruiz (28)
1b Cabrera (1)
2b Phillips (2)
ss Jeter (6)
3b R. Zimmerman (9)
MI Polanco (15)
CI Swisher (17)
OF Rios (3)
OF Granderson (4)
OF Pence (7)
OF D. Young (14)
OF Lind (18)
UT Cust (21)

P Nathan (5)
P J. Johnson (10)
P Slowey (11)
P C. Young (12)
P Lindstrom (13)
P Maine (16)
P Parra (19)
P Wheeler (20)
P Bush (22)

Reserve rounds in order
Scott Downs
Jody Gerut
Marco Scutaro
Correia
Kuo
Ben Francisco
Gio Gonzalez

Overall I guess I am happy with my team, I do mostly auction leagues so drafts frustrate me at times. I am someone that likes to get a 2b and SS semi early but try to force myself not to reach for them. I feel like with Phillips I did not reach and I actually think Jeter was pretty good value. Surprised Pence and Delmon were still around where I drafted them.

Only regret I have is Zimmerman because Joba was still on the board and feel like I should have grabbed him. Tried to sneak him until next pick and he went 2 picks before me. Still think Zimmerman is good in the 9th but would like my staff better with Joba at the front of it.

Let me know what you guys think.

Re: NFBC Satellite league

#2 Post by Guest »

Very, very good offensive value.

Short a closer but good staff considering you didn't invest a lot there.

Who went #5?

maxdad007

#3 Post by maxdad007 »

I would say you may have been able to get Philips in the 3rd round but a solid team none the less.

Edit - Didn't notice the 15 team part, for some reason was thinking 12 team.

Hambowen

#4 Post by Hambowen »

Sizemore went #5. Basically was taking whoever was left of Sizemore/Cabrera.

I was hoping for Lee or Holliday with my 2nd pick but they were not there. Basically was choosing between Phillips and Fielder. Felt Phillips was better option. Was hoping for Markakis, Kemp, or Rios with the 3rd pick and only Rios was left.