keeper list qunadry-due soon

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
FBP

keeper list qunadry-due soon

#1 Post by FBP »

NL only 5x5 keeper league. 11 teams, 280 cap @35% inflation

13 keepers allowed. A 1st year; B 2nd year; F final year and if not asteriked may be exteded $5 per year of extension

My solids (12 players): Wright (20F*); Votto $5F (will extend 2x); Soto $2F (will extend 1x); Martin $15B*; F. Lewis $2B; Ludwick $2B; Broxton $11B; Qualls $10B; Motte $3B (my gamble here); Scherzer $3B; Josh Johnson $6B; J Schaefer $5A (minor leaguer-what a shock today).

The last slot in my order of preference is between Headley ($5B); Spilborghs ($5B); Wandy Rodriquez ($1F), Corpus ($5F) and Travis Ishkawa ($5B).

I have already tried to do 2 and 3 for 1 trades but to no avail so it looks like I am simply going to cut all but one of these guys and would appreciate input to help me with my decision.
Last edited by FBP on March 30th, 2009, 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hambowen

Re: keeper list qunadry-due soon

#2 Post by Hambowen »

I would go with Wandy for sure.

FBP

#3 Post by FBP »

wandy was my inital thought but since he is in his final year my sense is I can target him at the draft and pick him up for around $8. Headlye on the other hand has a year of contract and has some upside although my judment may be clouded as I live in SD

cwk1963

#4 Post by cwk1963 »

Wandy and extend 1 year.

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Todd Zola »

I actually prefer Corpas over Motte, but with Broxton and Qualls already in tow, I might toss them both back to soak up some money. I like Spilborghs at that price.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord