12 team standard 5X5 ML Keeper

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
jkadagio

12 team standard 5X5 ML Keeper

#1 Post by jkadagio »

Had an initial draft last night in a long standing redraft that just turned into a keeper with this draft. Keepers lose 2 rds each subsequent year kept (A player drafted in rd 12 this year can be kept for a 10th rd'er next year, and so on). (rd drafted in parenthesis)

C - Ryan Doumit (14)
1B - Fielder (2)
2B - B Phillips (5)
SS - Jeter (6)
3B - M Reynolds (18)
OF - Sizemore (1)
OF - C Lee (3)
OF - Ibanez (8)
UT - B Hawpe (10)
UT - Adam Jones (15)
Reserves - Konerko (21), Colby Rasmus (19)

SP - Sabathia (2)
SP - Billingsley (7)
RP - M Capps (11)
RP - H Bell (12)
P - Gallardo (9)
P - C Young (16)
P - P Maholm (20)
Reserves - D Price (13), Sheets (17), C Cordero(22)

Konerko will likely get kicked to the ww to fill whatever the first ww p/u I need. I'm hoping to DL Sheets & Cordero to free up two slots as well, or drop them outright at some point if needed and they can't be DL'd.

What holes need to be filled here?

maxdad007

Re: 12 team standard 5X5 ML Keeper

#2 Post by maxdad007 »

Looks pretty balanced but how did you have two picks in the 2nd round. I would probably dump Sheets or Cordero first before Konerko in case Jones doesn't play the way you expect. Saves might be tight since your closers may not have many leads. I would probably be happy with your team though.

jkadagio

#3 Post by jkadagio »

Thanks for the comments Max. Agree that saves will be a problem here. I'm going to have to pick up a closer or two in season to be competitive. I think Cordero should have a shot at SV's in SEA once healthy. The only way I'm rostering him that long is if he is DL'd though.

On the 2 2nd rd picks I got pretty lucky! I was assigned the #2 draft slot. I was pretty happy to be starting out with 1.02, but the owner of the 1.05 made me an offer I couldn't refuse. By moving down from 1.02 to 1.05, I swapped my 4th rd'er for his 2nd rd'er. (Overall my picks 2,47 for his 5,20). I ended up using that pick #20 on Sabathia. So instead of Jose Reyes plus whoever I would have drafted @ pick 47, I ended up with Sizemore & Sabathia.

maxdad007

#4 Post by maxdad007 »

I say definitley dump Cordero now that Morrow went to the bullpen. Take a look at my team I drafted here and tell me what you think.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=446