Andrus

Theories, Concepts and Analytical Discussion (draft strategies, valuation, inflation, scarcity, etc.)
ChipDog
Double-A

Andrus

#1 Post by ChipDog »

Anyone have any thoughts on Elvis Andrus and what he might do this year. I assume he will be the starting SS and get most of the year there assuming he doesnt crash. Whats the upside value of this kid? Will he go for more in auctions than he should?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

Re: Andrus

#2 Post by Todd Zola »

What size/kind of league are you in? He's going for about 10 in deeper leagues, low single digits in mixed leagues. I would temper expectations, maybe something between .240 and .260 with 30-35 SB.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

Hambowen

#3 Post by Hambowen »

12 team mixed keeper league he went for endgame $2. Only league so far where he was not kept as a minor.

In deep leagues his steals will be valuable probably 15 team mixed and above. In 12 team mixed I would roster him cheap if I was in a rebuilding year for sure.

ChipDog
Double-A

#4 Post by ChipDog »

We are AL, 5x5 keeper league ... I have a feeling he will go in the teens in our auction. Wondering if thats too much, but with that many SB's he could be worth it

Hambowen

#5 Post by Hambowen »

In an AL only 5x5 I would say 10-13 would be worth it.