Anibal Sanchez (daily notes)

The place to just hang out and chat with your friends.
JoeJet13

Anibal Sanchez (daily notes)

#1 Post by JoeJet13 »

Hi Todd,

You have A. Sanchez (vs Astros) ranked pretty high on your daily notes for Sunday. Why is this a favorable matchup for Sanchez?

Thanks, @Joejet13

JoeJet13

Re: Anibal Sanchez (daily notes)

#2 Post by JoeJet13 »

Also, is there any other pitcher for Sunday or monday that you would consider streaming?

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#3 Post by Todd Zola »

It's probably best to pose ESPN Daily Notes questions in the comments on ESPN - and it's really not necessary to ping me every time you post a question. Mastersball PAID subscribers are promised a response to everything they ask in a timely manner so I'm constantly checking the forum and I'll usually address non-Platinum questions during breaks from my other work.

The DN ranking are are formulaic, and are not mine. They're taken from Tristan's Forecaster. The Astros strike out a ton so opposing pitchers usually get a bump when facing them. They also rely more on history than current which helps overcome recency bias.

If I feel someone is a good streamer, they get mentioned. Everything is contextual, there's no one size fits all but the lean is to ESPN standard leagues. Depending on your league size and scoring, others may be options.

I haven't looked at Monday's slate yet...those notes will be posted about 4 PM on Sunday.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord

JoeJet13

#4 Post by JoeJet13 »

Ok. I won't ping you anymore in regard to questions. I hope it didn't annoy you too badly.

My bad, I assumed they were your daily notes because it has your name next to them.

How do you personally feel about A. Sanchez against the Astros on Sunday?

Do you post weekly streamers and things of that nature and if so where?

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions, @joejet13

Todd Zola
Hall of Famer

#5 Post by Todd Zola »

I said the RANKINGS aren't mine - I write the notes. Well, four days a week anyway, Mike Sheets and Paul Sporer do the other three.

I don't do weekly, check Tristan's Forecaster for that. It comes out on Friday and gets updated on Sunday.

Sanchez is a high-risk, high-reward play as the Astros whiff a ton but also hit homers. Last year was the first season Sanchez really had trouble with the long ball. I'm not thrilled with the match-up but its playable if you're chasing a win and some punch outs.
Catchers are like prostate exams -- comes a time where you can't put if off any longer, so you may as well get it over with and take it up the butt - The Forum Funklord

I'd rather be wrong for the right reasons than right for the wrong reasons - The Forum Funklord

Always remember, never forget, never say always or never. - The Forum Funklord

You know you have to seek therapy when you see one of your pitchers had a bad night and it takes you 15 minutes to find the team you have him on. - The Forum Funklord