NFBC Style Auction Team

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
daweasle
Major League Veteran

NFBC Style Auction Team

#1 Post by daweasle »

Ok - so I just finished the second half of my NFBC style roster for a double auction league. (we did two auctions to get 42 players so far and we will do the last 8 picks via slow snake draft) I think I need a few more SB - but otherwise I like my team - looking for your opinion and if there's any holes you think I need to fill in the snake rounds.

(15 teams - normal 5x5 categories)

C Buster Posey
C Sal Perez
1B Albert Pujols
2B Ian Kinsler
SS Jimmy Rollins
3B Pablo Sandoval
MI Yunel Escobar
CI Matt Adams
OF Andrew McCutcheon
OF Matt Kemp
OF Alex Rios
OF Lorenzo Cain
OF Curtis Granderson
UT (I have to choose between mitch moreland, kendry morales, garrett jones)

Bench Hitters - Alex Guerrero, Cody Asche, Dustin Ackley, Jonathon Villar and leftovers from util above and a few other random dudes.

SP Clayton Kershaw
SP Matt Harvey
SP Matt Shoemaker
SP Jake Odorizzi
SP Chris Tillman
SP Tim Lincecum

Bench SP - Matt Moore, Dylan Bundy, Patrick Corbin, David Phelps, Manny Banuelos

RP Koji Uejara
RP Joe Nathan
RP Aaron Sanchez :!:

Bench RP - Edward Mujica, Rex Brothers, Justin de fratus, vogelsong

Captain Hook

Re: NFBC Style Auction Team

#2 Post by Captain Hook »

VERY NICE team

I would look to get

1) another MI preferably one with SPEED - is Everth Cabrera available? Emilio Bonifacio?

2) SPEED - stolen base guy(s) at any position - Jarrod Dyson

3) a set up reliever who might get a few stray saves or be in line to close like Clippard, Boxberger, Quackenbush, Soria, Broxton, Joe Smith, Tony Watson, Sergio Romo

daweasle
Major League Veteran

#3 Post by daweasle »

Yeah we are in round 43 in reserve rounds so most of the guys you mentioned are gone. But those are exactly the type of guys i was targeting right now.

In the last round i got craig gentry and i just took a flyer on a MI who i hope can help me...odabel herrera the rule 5 guy in philly with them rebuilding theres no reason for them not to give him a look (qualifies at 2b in my setup)

I plan to try to find a couple more starters and a few more sb if anyone is leftover at this point and then use my last few picks for any high leverage relievers who could fall into a closer role.

Captain Hook

#4 Post by Captain Hook »

Gentry a very good pick and Herrera a good spec - will produce if they just play him