Straily, Prado

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
alleyoops
Major League All-Star
Preferred Style: 5x5 slow auctions

Straily, Prado

#1 Post by alleyoops »

He's been waived in a couple of leagues. Worth a small FA bid in 5x5 mixed 12 team h2h? Would drop Adam Lind, who's on my bench.

Same league - Prado's struggling. Like his versatility, but some decent (though also struggling) OF FA's are available. Drop him for Crawford, Castellanos, Byrd, Swisher, De Aza, KDavis? I guess it's really a matter of which of these guys will turn it around, if any. Anyone have a crystal ball?

Captain Hook

Re: Straily, Prado

#2 Post by Captain Hook »

alleyoops wrote:He's been waived in a couple of leagues. Worth a small FA bid in 5x5 mixed 12 team h2h? Would drop Adam Lind, who's on my bench.

Same league - Prado's struggling. Like his versatility, but some decent (though also struggling) OF FA's are available. Drop him for Crawford, Castellanos, Byrd, Swisher, De Aza, KDavis? I guess it's really a matter of which of these guys will turn it around, if any. Anyone have a crystal ball?

Straily - I have him in a couple of leagues and have been disappointed so far and really would not add him especially in a league that shallow. Plus I like Lind who will be back this weekend

Prado - not hitting well to start the year - but look at a breakdown from last year and it is possible he will come around - certainly he will be playing. That said I wouldn't play him anywhere but 2B/MI in that league. I would immediately pick up Castellanos to replace him (and also have the 3B flexibility like Prado). The others are all iffy -some upside but not really consistent production. I think almost all those guys will improve to some degree (De Aza the only one I would be concerned about regular at bats)