Dynasty League Question

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
Silverback38
High-A

Dynasty League Question

#1 Post by Silverback38 »

14tm, 6x6 H2H dynasty lg (w/ OBP & hlds added) (24plyrs each team)
Being 1 of 2 expnsion tms, I don't have a great team.
c-Wieters, 1b-Morneau, 2b-Utley, 3b-Prado, ss-Miller, lf-Mel.Cabrera, cf-Fowler, rf-Calhoun, bn-Aoki, bn-Belt, bn-Owings
All my players' contracts expire in next two years except Wieters(5yrs), Belt(8yrs) and Owings(7yrs).

I will likely have the 1st or 2nd pick in next years MiLB draft; I also have another team's 1st rd pick too.
With 12 plyr MiLB rosters, top 100 prospects are gone. Course, new ones will show up, including defectors next year.

Should I trade my 2nd 1st rd MiLB pick(other team's) and Prado and Estrada
for
Anthony Rendon and 3rd rd MiLB pick?
I can have him for 8yrs.
Is Rendon good enough to build a team around? This team also has Nolan Arenado. Would you rather have Arenado than Rendon, and if so, would Arenado in the above trade be worth it. I'll also note that this league seems to value young players more than solid players with only a couple years left on contract. Thoughts?

Captain Hook

Re: Dynasty League Question

#2 Post by Captain Hook »

I would rather have Arenado than Rendon but I would NOT do that deal for either one of them - giving up way too much value and not getting a good enough player and/or top prospect back IMO

Captain Hook

Re: Dynasty League Question

#3 Post by Captain Hook »

Silverback38 wrote:14tm, 6x6 H2H dynasty lg (w/ OBP & hlds added) (24plyrs each team)
Being 1 of 2 expnsion tms, I don't have a great team.

Sorry but I just don't get this at all - not directed at you but tell the guys in the league that an expansion team shouldn't have to suffer that much - my guess from looking is that they didn't do much of an expansion draft