Prospect help

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
alleyoops
Major League All-Star
Preferred Style: 5x5 slow auctions

Prospect help

#1 Post by alleyoops »

Keepers are due tomorrow in my NL-only league. We have 3 minors slots, with salaries of 3, 2, and 1. When the minor leaguer hits the ML, he can be kept the next year at that salary, then unlimited years at a $5 increase each year. This places a premium on guys who have very high upside, even if they're a few years away.

I traded my $3 keeper (Syndergaard) and won't keep my $1 guy (BGoodwin). I have Kyle Crick in the $2 slot. I'll pick #5, #10, and #18 picks - see the list of available guys below. Crick would take up my pick at #10. I'm debating if there are 10 guys still available who may be preferable to him. Here's a partial list of those available:

KBryant
Giolito
JGray
EButler
Franco
Heaney
Dahl
Pederson
Crick
Wisler
Shipley
Glasnow
Biddle
Vogelbach
Meadows
AJ Cole
JPCrawford
CJEdwards
AAlcantara

I'm leaning toward keeping Crick - agree?

Would you put anyone higher or lower on the list?

Captain Hook

Re: Prospect help

#2 Post by Captain Hook »

I would not keep Crick - yes a big arm but what I have seen makes it tough to see success better than or earlier than two guys lower on the list - Shipley and Edwards

alleyoops
Major League All-Star

#3 Post by alleyoops »

Thanks, Perry. Very much on the fence with Crick. Glad to have 2 names to move ahead of him, and there's some chance that Crick might make it to me for the 3rd round pick. Seems like he's relatively high on some prospect lists, and absent from others.

Captain Hook

#4 Post by Captain Hook »

Some of us have seen him pitch and some haven't and some go just on ml numbers

alleyoops
Major League All-Star

#5 Post by alleyoops »

I threw Crick back. Wound up taking Giolito with pick #5, Dahl with pick #10, and Shipley with pick #18. Crick was pick #13, Edwards was pick #15.

Thanks for your help, Perry!

Captain Hook

#6 Post by Captain Hook »

NP You did well I like all three of those