Jonathan Villar for Erik Johnson

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
RandyKutcherHair

Jonathan Villar for Erik Johnson

#1 Post by RandyKutcherHair »

In an AL Only Dynasty Roto league I was offered Erik Johnson for my Jonathan Villar. Pitching scoring categories are; era, inn, k, qs, whip, s & hd. Last year I had Ellsbury; but will not be keeping him as he is too expensive this year. My steals will be dependent on Gardner, Altuve and Eaton. Even thou Villar isn't anything special he will be a help in steals and plays the ss position. Reports have Johnson breaking camp in the rotation; but not sure if I should go thru with the deal. Thoughts?

Captain Hook

Re: Jonathan Villar for Erik Johnson

#2 Post by Captain Hook »

RandyKutcherHair wrote:In an AL Only Dynasty Roto league I was offered Erik Johnson for my Jonathan Villar. Pitching scoring categories are; era, inn, k, qs, whip, s & hd. Last year I had Ellsbury; but will not be keeping him as he is too expensive this year. My steals will be dependent on Gardner, Altuve and Eaton. Even thou Villar isn't anything special he will be a help in steals and plays the ss position. Reports have Johnson breaking camp in the rotation; but not sure if I should go thru with the deal. Thoughts?
You would be giving up a lot of current value in the hopes that Johnson continues to develop as a starter

I would NOT make this deal unless Villar was too expensive or you were stacked at MI or steals AND desperate for a starter

AllstonRockCity

#3 Post by AllstonRockCity »

Don't do it.

They are each in the growth stage of their careers. One guys had success (Villar) at the ML level already, one (Johnson) hasn't.

CubFan
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: AL only 5x5 H2H & rotisserie keeper auctions

#4 Post by CubFan »

If you have him cheap stick with Villar. You probably already know this but he's a BA drain and supplies little power. Basically a one-trick pony. His BA sank in Sept when he pretty much played full-time and his numbers are pretty sad when not playing at home. Since Houston is going nowhere this year I suspect they'll run him out there on a daily basis unless he can't hit his weight.
12 team AL only 5x5 H2H keeper league. Using OBP, W+QS and S+1/2H

C - Garver $4
1B/3B - Torkelson $1, E. Durna $3 (??)
2B/SS - Royce Lewis $2, Story $13
OF - J Duran $11, Ward $7
UT -
SP - Hunter Brown $6, Ryan $22
RP - Fairbanks $6, Duran $16
Bench -

RandyKutcherHair

#5 Post by RandyKutcherHair »

Thanks for the feedback. I was actually leaning towards making this deal; but decided to stay with Villar. The hitter's scoring is; HR, OBP, OPS, R, RBI, SB, and TB. I will look to pick up a cheap back end of the rotation guy.