NFBC Draft and Hold Leagues

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
viper
Hall of Famer
Preferred Style: Currently in an AL-only league with the Bill James Technical RCA as the single hitting category and ERA as the single pitching category.

NFBC Draft and Hold Leagues

#1 Post by viper »

Mostly because of my in-season time commitments, I am thinking about dropping all my current leagues and playing in an NFBC Draft & Hold league instead.

I am curious on what users here think of them and any tips on drafting. Possibly Todd & crew will provide some guidelines on these matters in January/early February.

[also posted in premium forum]
The avalanche has started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote. -- Ambassador Kosh

Mike Ladd
Buffy, the Umpire Slayer

Captain Hook

Re: NFBC Draft and Hold Leagues

#2 Post by Captain Hook »

Several of us have done these at various levels over the years and let me say they are a GREAT option for people with time problems - you draft fifty rounds and then all you have to do is set your lineup each week taking away the biggest time draft which is the free agent studying and evaluation and bid placements.