FA SPs to target

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
tybs

FA SPs to target

#1 Post by tybs »

12 team, 5 x 5 roto league. The following SPs are available (projected starts are thru ASB); Cahill (Mia, @ Was, @ NYM, Col, Mil), Strailey (@ Tex, @ Sea, Stl, @ KC, @ Pit), Stults (@ SF, Phi, @ Mia, @ Was, Col), Norris (CWS, @ CHC, LAA, TB, Stl), Porcello (Bal, LAA, @ TB, @ Cle, CWS), Mig. Gonzalez (@ Tor, Cle, @ CWS, Tex, Tor), Kluber (Min, @ Bal, @ KC, Det, KC). Need a boost in ERA, WHIP and wins. Cahill probably has the most favorable schedule (on paper, at least). Norris has 4 of 5 at home where he has an ERA over 3 runs less than his road ERA this season and over 2 runs less from 2010-12. He has also owned the Angels this season (3-0, 0.43 ERA, .219 BAA) and has good career numbers at home v St. Louis, so I see him as a sleeper. Strailey, Stults, Porcello, Gonzalez and Kluber have all pitched well of late. Any opinions on the top 2 of this group would be greatly appreciated. Thanks much.

Captain Hook

Re: FA SPs to target

#2 Post by Captain Hook »

tybs wrote:12 team, 5 x 5 roto league. The following SPs are available (projected starts are thru ASB);
Cahill (Mia, @ Was, @ NYM, Col, Mil),
Straily (@ Tex, @ Sea, Stl, @ KC, @ Pit),
Stults (@ SF, Phi, @ Mia, @ Was, Col),
Norris (CWS, @ CHC, LAA, TB, Stl),
Porcello (Bal, LAA, @ TB, @ Cle, CWS),
Mig. Gonzalez (@ Tor, Cle, @ CWS, Tex, Tor),
Kluber (Min, @ Bal, @ KC, Det, KC).
Need a boost in ERA, WHIP and wins. Cahill probably has the most favorable schedule (on paper, at least). Norris has 4 of 5 at home where he has an ERA over 3 runs less than his road ERA this season and over 2 runs less from 2010-12. He has also owned the Angels this season (3-0, 0.43 ERA, .219 BAA) and has good career numbers at home v St. Louis, so I see him as a sleeper. Strailey, Stults, Porcello, Gonzalez and Kluber have all pitched well of late. Any opinions on the top 2 of this group would be greatly appreciated. Thanks much.

I like Cahill and Porcello the best of the available