Please rate these FA SP's

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
tybs

Please rate these FA SP's

#1 Post by tybs »

10 team roto league, weekly lineup changes, can start 9 pitchers (I usually start 6 SP and 3 RP). My current SP's are Kershaw, Sabathia, Samardzija, Ryu, Detwiler, Tillman, Zito (can only start him @ AT&T), Feldman, W. Chen (DL) and Garza (DL). The first three have been every week starters (but I'm starting to wonder with Samardzija). Garza should be coming off the DL shortly, so I will have to drop a starter at that time if I want to activate him. I have no problem dropping two more for two FA's. The following are FA's: A. J. Griffin, McCarthy, Gallardo, Pettitte, Ogando, Hughes, Cashner, Liriano and Kazmir. I need help in ERA and WHIP (and wins, but there is no predicting those). Which two FA's do you like best from this point forward? I'm thinking Zito and Feldman (can his success continue?) as drops and putting Chen on IR. Any thoughts/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Captain Hook

Re: Please rate these FA SP's

#2 Post by Captain Hook »

tybs wrote:10 team roto league, weekly lineup changes, can start 9 pitchers (I usually start 6 SP and 3 RP). My current SP's are Kershaw, Sabathia, Samardzija, Ryu, Detwiler, Tillman, Zito (can only start him @ AT&T), Feldman, W. Chen (DL) and Garza (DL). The first three have been every week starters (but I'm starting to wonder with Samardzija). Garza should be coming off the DL shortly, so I will have to drop a starter at that time if I want to activate him. I have no problem dropping two more for two FA's. The following are FA's: A. J. Griffin, McCarthy, Gallardo, Pettitte, Ogando, Hughes, Cashner, Liriano and Kazmir. I need help in ERA and WHIP (and wins, but there is no predicting those). Which two FA's do you like best from this point forward? I'm thinking Zito and Feldman (can his success continue?) as drops and putting Chen on IR. Any thoughts/advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
How soon do you have to activate Garza?
I am not a fan - and haven't been since he was pitching well for Tampa
Of course you could activate him and DL/IR Chen

Of the free agents I like:
Ogando for ERA and W and hope/think his WHIP will get better
Cashner altough that may be another Only start at home guy - haven't seen enough starts yet

I would drop Zito but hold/play Feldman until it breaks

tybs

#3 Post by tybs »

Thanks. The answer on Garza is I will have to activate him the Monday after he comes off the DL or I will not be able to make any roster moves/lineup changes. I agree on Ogando. He was my #1 choice too, but I will not be able to claim him now that he's been placed on the DL. Do you like any of the other FA's besides Cashner? Thanks for any follow up.

Captain Hook

#4 Post by Captain Hook »

For me it is either Cashner or Gallardo