Josh Hamilton for.....

Get advice specific to your team. This can be opinions on trades, free agent or waiver pickups, who to start or even just "rate my team". It is helpful if you provide sufficient details regarding your league format and team composition.
xtrme98

Josh Hamilton for.....

#1 Post by xtrme98 »

Ive been offered Josh Hamilton for Max Scherzer.

I sit in first place in my very competitive league, so Im not so sure I need to tinker with my team. The risk reward is very intriguing. The guy who sent the trade is looking for SP not so much K's.

I have a good crop of hot starting pitchers,
Bumgarner
Kuroda
Lance Lynn
Cole Hammels
Doug Fister
Scherzer

My outfield and util are
Adam Jones
Alex Rios
Matt Holliday
Manny Machado

I really like Scherzer and his K's are great, and he plays on a winning team. Whats your thoughts? Should I offer him Cole instead as a counter? Maybe Kuroda?

Captain Hook

Re: Josh Hamilton for.....

#2 Post by Captain Hook »

If you don't have reserve spots you shouldn't even be thinking about this.

But NO way I would trade Scherzer for Hamilton who today can't even play in your lineup AND look at his stats from the second half of 2012...

Actually not sure I would trade any of those good SP for Hamilton but IF I had a reserve and IF the pitcher I would replace the guy traded with is not terrible You might offer Kuroda - again I wouldn't

xtrme98

#3 Post by xtrme98 »

I do have Angel Pagan on the bench...Reyes sitting on the DL...and this is a keeper league so I have Profar just sitting on the bench as a keeper for next year.

Captain Hook

#4 Post by Captain Hook »

It sounds like you have a very good team, so not really sure I would want to disturb it but I could see offering Kuroda + Pagan for Hamilton and if that gets it done leave him on the bench until he turns the corner. If it doesn't you are still fine.

Dennis

#5 Post by Dennis »

I run a Fantasy league and my advice is I would Keep Hamilton

xtrme98

#6 Post by xtrme98 »

How about swapping Cole Hammels for Hamilton?

Hammels is my weakest link in pitching this year....Hes killing me and Philly isnt helping him offensively either.

Captain Hook

#7 Post by Captain Hook »

xtrme98 wrote:How about swapping Cole Hammels for Hamilton?

Hammels is my weakest link in pitching this year....Hes killing me and Philly isnt helping him offensively either.
I would be fine with that IF you don't need Hamels AND you know the caveats re Josh Hamilton